Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Motel 6 Walnut Creek(Walnut Creek)
$90
$144
$129
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Walnut Creek Marriott(Walnut Creek)
$159
  • Restaurant
Diablo Mountain Inn(Walnut Creek)
$114
$199
$189
Priceline
  • Pool
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa(Lafayette)(Great Value!)
$209
$119
Hotels.com
HYATT house Pleasant Hill(Pleasant Hill)
$189
Hotels.com
Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill(Pleasant Hill)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotels.com
All reviewsunderground parkingfront deskbiscuits and gravychick filbreakfast roomwednesday nighthour fitnesssoy milkroad noisefree breakfastwould stay here againyogurtnice lobbysan francisconice breakfastminute drivebart station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel was clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was very good with many options (bacon/sausage,eggs, gravy,pancakes, cereal, yogurt, etc.); it was available for 2 1/2 hours each morning. Location is on a main street and adjacent to the freeway, but noise was no issue. There is plenty of on-site parking. It is near BART, restaurants and shopping. The lack of a refrigerator and microwave in the room is the reason for 4 stars instead of 5. The price was reasonable, and I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek Guest;
Thank you for your sharing your experience with the travel community. We really appreciate it. Any Rooms facing the courtyard include a fridge and a microwave.This year we will be adding more features to the rooms not facing the courtyard including new fridges and microwaves. Thank you again and we hope to see you back at our Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

When I booked this trip, I kind of thought I knew what kind of place a Holiday Inn Express would be like...but boy was I surprised by Walnut Creek in California. It surpassed my expectations! Even from entering from the under ground parking lot, they tried to even make that look nice....the lobby is very nice and clean....we were greeted by Margaret, and she was a big help the whole time we were there....she answered all of our questions about the area and the hotel and was always smiling....you could tell she loves what she does, and she is great at it! Next, our room was clean and didn't smell stuffy. I am very picky about cleanliness, and they did a great job keeping this place neat and tidy. Now, for breakfast....Eppie and Janus were wonderful! They were very warm and friendly. They made you feel welcome with a big "good morning". They kept the breakfast area clean and well stocked. The breakfast was above and beyond what I had expected a continental breakfast to be. The pool and hot tub were clean....oh, and the beds and pillows were excellent!!! It was so great being within walking distance to the BART to get into the city in no time, and blocks away from an In and Out Burger didn't hurt either! We loved our stay at the Walnut Creek Holiday Inn Express, and would not hesitate in the very least to go back there again. Thank you so much for helping make our vacation a very memorable one....We will be back.....the Duclos family from Ct

Room Tip: I am glad we got rooms upstairs and away from the elevators.
1  Thank Gingerduke

Dear Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek Guest;
Thank you for your very positive review. We will share your comments with the entire staff, especially Margaret, Janus and Eppie. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently and were treated extremely well by very competent and amicable professionals. The lack of a licensed bar is a minor drawback but this is offset by the overall standard of care and admirable facilities----guests have free use of the magnificent Fitness Center next door.
Downtown Walnut Creek has a good choice of shops and restaurants and can be reached by a Free Service Bus from the hotel.

Room Tip: I would think a request to be well away from the freeway may be a suggestion...but it is some distance away and not really a factor....
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek Guest;
Thank you so much for sharing your nice comments about our property with the media, we really appreciate that. Without our feedback we will get the direction we want to approach.
We will hope to see you soon at your Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The staff was very helpful in answering questions that we had and they were all very friendly.
The room was a little dirty, I found a used q-tip by the bed and a packet of pills by the lounge chair in the room. Walls are a little thin especially when you have noisy people in the next room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek Guest;
We are sorry you have experienced some issues during your stay. Thank you for providing us with your honest feedback , which is the only way to improve our opportunities. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've stayed here twice for business and both times, I've been impressed with the cleanliness, the staff and rates. The breakfast and wifi are an added bonus although the wifi is terribly slow.

But the main reason I will not be choosing to stay here again is the smokey smell of the rooms. Each room is clearly marked as non-smoking but both times I've stayed there the lingering smell of cigarettes were in the rooms. I asked my co-worker if he experienced the same thing and he told me his room smelled like a smoker had been in there as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Izziro

Dear Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek;
Thank you so much for your review and for your sponsorship. we are so sorry that your experience was not of your complete satisfaction. This year we will be treating the rooms with odor opportunities. Your comments are always welcome and shared with our entire staff. We hope to see you soon .