“Comfortable and Convenient”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sacramento, California
“Comfortable and Convenient”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We enjoy staying at this hotel while visiting the bay area. The rooms are very comfortable
and clean. The check-in and check-out is fast and friendly. There is easy access to BART and
Walnut Creek center. The underground parking is a great feature.

The breakfast service is outstanding with a nice variety of food and drink. Check out the
cinnamon rolls.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JAS32999

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
shekittylafleur
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Best nights sleep. Unbelievably comfy beds and nice staff. Place was nicely decorated and had everything I needed. It just felt clean. Bed was soooooooo nice! It's walking distance to a few things but you need a car to get downtown. Good value for the money

Room Tip: Laundry is on 2nd floor if u need it
1 Thank shekittylafleur
Sacramento, California
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stay in this hotel 5 days this week, checked in Sunday night. Tuesday morning, I wake up with a sore throat (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday also wake up with a sore throat). That night I told the hotel staff that smell of cigarette smoke in the hallway between room 240 and 272. He said he will make a note on the daily journal. Thursday night I got back to the hotel, the elevator at the main entrance is not working (this is not the first time for the week). I use the stair walk up to second floor. The strong smell of cigarette smoke, this is getting worse. I went back down and talk to the front desk supervisor. He and I walk up to second floor. We stopped outside room 240. He said “wow, you are right, very strong cigarette smell”. We walk down the hallway and put our hand next to an air duct grill. We did not feel any air come out from the grill. We continue walk down the hall. Again put our hand next to more air duct grills. Again did not feel any air movement. We checked all the air duct grills in the hall. Did not found one has air come out. I, alone also check other hallway between rooms 200 to 222, something no air movement; it is same for first floor. I checked out Friday morning, one night shift staff told me, he was told by other hotel guests that smell strong cigarette smoke. He also said some guests use towel to seal off space between the floor and the door.

No air ventilation also in fitness room; Sunday night I went in workout. It smells worse than a restroom. I stay less than 5 minutes and walk away.

I belief the hotel management shut down the HVAC system to save money.

4 Thank Iceman I
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Iceman I,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We are very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience because our staff did not meet your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Beijing, China
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Warm and sincere welcome. Great, clean room. Exercise room could use a bit of weight equipment.

Hotel is handsome, clean, spacious.

Excellent shops and restaurants nearby.

One of our favorites when in Lamorinda/Walnut Creek area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here for an overnight stay and what a great unexpected place! First the negatives: There was not a refrigerator in the room also I booked this through on another hotel site and its misleading because the pictures look nicer then the actually place. The view from our room was a back of some business and a fast food restaurant. Also for the whole entire 2nd floor there was only ONE ice and vending machine. The positive things were the hotel lobby was bright and really nice. The hotel staff was VERY friendly and made me feel welcomed! It was a short 10 minute drive from the hotel to downtown Walnut Creek where there is shopping and restaurants. It was very quiet considering how close it is to the freeway. If I was planning on staying in the area again I would stay here again since its not very pricey and is close to downtown

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek Guest;
Thank you so much for sharing your comments. We are happy that you had a good experience at our hotel. We look forward in seeing you soon.
McKinleyville, California
Reviewed January 17, 2013

To me, a five-star hotel is one of those amazing places that has every conceivable amenity, spectacular grounds, extraordinary dining.. This is a Holiday Inn Express, it is not going to be a five-star. I will, however, stay here again. My room was spacious and clean. The pool was being serviced in some way, so I did not use it. The hallway carpet on the first floor, where I stayed, needed to be vacuumed. It was not horribly dirty, but it had small bits of paper and lint and other material on the floor that detracted from the overall appearance. The room and the hallway were somewhat sterile in the decorating department. The bed was comfortable and I am quite picky about beds, at least in part because I am a large woman.
The staff was among the best I have encountered in several months. Ed at the front desk was exceptionally good-humored and helpful. I do not like driving on big city freeways at night in the rain. Ed was able to give me very good directions (got me to my destination without any burps) that did not include rainy nighttime freeways. I had several other requests, another blanket, a wi-fi issue (which ended up being my problem, not the inn's) and if Ed was getting impatient, he did not reveal it. There were two women at the front desk whose names I do not remember, but they both were well-informed, quite pleasant (smiled when they spoke to me), and greeted me as I entered or exited the inn.
I found this place a good value and will stay here next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the courtyard are quieter and have a nice view.
Dear Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek Guest;
Thank you for taking the time and provide us with a nice review. We are pleased that you had a good experience at our Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek. We look forward to see you in the near future, thanks again.
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed here for one night for a class in Concord. The room was spacious and clean. It was a very comfortable stay and will consider staying here again. Just make sure to ask for a room away from the freeway. A complimentary breakfast is also offered.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
#2 of 5 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!