Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
$129
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Motel 6 Walnut Creek(Walnut Creek)
$90
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Walnut Creek Marriott(Walnut Creek)
$159
  • Restaurant
$199
$189
  • Pool
Diablo Mountain Inn(Walnut Creek)
$99
Travelocity
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa(Lafayette)(Great Value!)
$189
$109
HYATT house Pleasant Hill(Pleasant Hill)
$139
Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill(Pleasant Hill)(Great Value!)
$139
All reviewsunderground parkingfront deskbiscuits and gravychick filbreakfast roomwednesday nighthour fitnesssoy milkroad noisefree breakfastwould stay here againyogurtnice lobbysan francisconice breakfastminute drivebart station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 17, 2013

To me, a five-star hotel is one of those amazing places that has every conceivable amenity, spectacular grounds, extraordinary dining.. This is a Holiday Inn Express, it is not going to be a five-star. I will, however, stay here again. My room was spacious and clean. The pool was being serviced in some way, so I did not use it. The hallway carpet on the first floor, where I stayed, needed to be vacuumed. It was not horribly dirty, but it had small bits of paper and lint and other material on the floor that detracted from the overall appearance. The room and the hallway were somewhat sterile in the decorating department. The bed was comfortable and I am quite picky about beds, at least in part because I am a large woman.
The staff was among the best I have encountered in several months. Ed at the front desk was exceptionally good-humored and helpful. I do not like driving on big city freeways at night in the rain. Ed was able to give me very good directions (got me to my destination without any burps) that did not include rainy nighttime freeways. I had several other requests, another blanket, a wi-fi issue (which ended up being my problem, not the inn's) and if Ed was getting impatient, he did not reveal it. There were two women at the front desk whose names I do not remember, but they both were well-informed, quite pleasant (smiled when they spoke to me), and greeted me as I entered or exited the inn.
I found this place a good value and will stay here next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the courtyard are quieter and have a nice view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek Guest;
Thank you for taking the time and provide us with a nice review. We are pleased that you had a good experience at our Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek. We look forward to see you in the near future, thanks again.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed here for one night for a class in Concord. The room was spacious and clean. It was a very comfortable stay and will consider staying here again. Just make sure to ask for a room away from the freeway. A complimentary breakfast is also offered.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cristina831
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I will start with the friendly and helpful staff, perfect stay while visiting family. Excellent service, a great breakfast, very clean, free WiFi and I will return, I highly recommend this Hotel
My granddaughters came to visit and used the hot tub and heated pool and loved it.
Great location

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My Husband and I have been going to the holiday express for quite some time now....every December 25th. We love our stay alway's, but there is one wonderful thing and that is the "Clean" hot tub and the fabulous breakfast that is presented, by the kitchen staff...Janus is one of our favorite's and it is always a pleasure to see her, year after year. Thank you holiday express for what you have to offer and your "GREAT" staff that we experience. We will be there this year again. Thank you...5 star and then some!!!

Room Tip: Any room is wonderful and cozy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Diane D
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Nice property, away from city in so-so neighborhood just off highway, with secluded courtyard.
Rooms good sized but furnishings showing age and maintenance is needed in some areas.
TV and Wi-Fi work fine, window AC units not so fine. Very limited parking.
The staff are very helpful and try to please and provide a good hot breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms facing courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SailorGene
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Dear Holiday Inn Express Guest:
Thank you so much for staying with us and for giving us a nice review. I like to also thank you for letting us know our oportunities. We will definetely address those soon. We hope to see you at our Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek soon!