“Very nice, clean hotel.”

Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta
“Very nice, clean hotel.”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was very impressed with my recent stay here. My room was very clean, my bed comfortable and I felt safe on the property.

The location was close to good dining and the staff smiled each and every time I saw one of them.

The only drawback was the breakfast.... It was free but not very filling.

• Stayed October 2012
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear jkps1;
Thank you for such a positive review, we will keep working even harder to make our guests happy. Thanks again for choosing our Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Reno, nv
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I would have to give this an overall rating of 3 because it was so loud! The bed was great, but you could hear the traffic all morning, someone above us was pounding on the floor, and every move in the hallway could be heard. We were unable to sleep in which was a bummer because the bed is great!

We stayed here for one night and took the bart to Berkeley for one night. It was a fun adventure. The hotel was walking distance to the bart.

2 Thank RenoJen
Dear RenoJen;

Thank you so much for staying with us and provide us with your feedback, we are really sorry about the noise you experienced. We hope to see you soon.
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Dated hotel that has lots of cosmetic problems. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff was excellent. My room had a large drywall patch over the bed that was very amateur. Nice court yard and pool in the center of hotel. One tjing I would like is coffee and pastries available for business guests who are out before the breakfast is served.

1 Thank Dustyelectrician
Dear Dustyelectrician;
Thank you so much for you remarkable comments in regards to our service and I am sorry about the inconvenience in your room. We hope to see you soon.
El Cajon, California, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here while attending a friends wedding and we enjoyed the room. I was pleasantly surprised by the free breakfast, they had awesome cinnamon rolls. Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Laguna Woods, California
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

The staff remembered me from my last visit. I got there a little late but my room was waiting for me. They also gave me some bottled water which was nice. The hot breakfast was very good and no charge. Free wi fi too. I would stay here again.

Dear meeser;
thank you so much for coming back to our Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek.
Northampton, UK
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here for a tghree day trip to San Francisco rather than pay the inflated prices of the city centre hotels, using the nearby BART, which was clean, fast and efficient, to get into the city. The room was large and had all that we needed except perhaps a small fridge, the beds comfortable and the bathroom spotless. The staff were welcoming and invariable helpful (Jairo and Donna) and the complimentary breakfast more than adequate. Lots of parking - and free, unlike a lot of the other hotels we considered. We think we got an excellent deal via Lastminute.com and had no regrets at being away from the city centre.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel for one very short night - arriving at midnight and departing at 8 am. I arrived in the unfamiliar area late at night after a long day and found a full parking lot. No worries, though, as there is underground parking available.

Hallways looked clean, lobby was nice. The room looked nice and had all of the expected amenities, i.e. coffee maker, flat-screen TV, big bed, and decent supply of towels. But it reeked of cigarette smoke. Not just smelled faintly of cigarette smoke, but REEKED. It being a long day and late, I didn't bother going to the front desk to request another room. I wish I had because I woke with a killer headache as a result of the smoke, and I'm sure my clothes and suitcase still reek of it. For the record, this was a non-smoking room. Whatever the "odor removal treatment" is that management referred to in resonse to a prior review is . . . it's not working.

I will definitely seek another hotel when I return to the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BankerLisa
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear BankerLisa;
I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at our Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek due to a smoking smell in your room. I will work even harder on addressing that type of issue at our hotel. I hope you give us an opportunity to make the next visit a better one.
Steve Dodaro.
#5 of 7 in Walnut Creek
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!