“Satisfactory hotel - Parking is terrible”

Walnut Creek Marriott
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Seattle
“Satisfactory hotel - Parking is terrible”
Reviewed November 22, 2009

If you're in Walnut Creek (BART access to San Fran / Close to Napa) this hotel is ok. I stayed here at $104 per night on corporate rate.

Parking garage is terrible so expect to drive around until somebody leaves. Never had to stay at the offsite garage, but came close. Hotel is very close to BART station but was lazy so I still drove. Breakfast buffet was ok/standard. Hotel staff was standard. Everything just standard. Would stay here again, but stay in the Marriott in Napa if you are on a wine adventure.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
wisconsin
Reviewed September 16, 2009

Everything was perfect. Staff was very friendly and the beds are out of this world. Comfortable! Would recommend.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Plano, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2009

We spent three nights in a 2 double bed room. The size of the room was good and overall very nice and clean. Beds were comfortable and nice linens. The location is good for on/off freeway access. Not much around the hotel and you need to drive to downtown.

The good:
- Pool area nice. Outdoor pool is heated and the area kept very clean.
- There is a spa (although it's small- 3 people max)
- Friendly staff- especially the housecleaning staff
- Good amentities: shampoo, conditioner, starbucks in room coffee

The bad:
- Parking- either valet for a fee (I believe it is $14.95/day, which is steep for the area) or you can park in an offisite parking lot for free. The offsite parking lot is about a 5 minute walk- not that far, but it's still an inconvenience. The area seemed fine to me and our car was fine for the 3 days it was there. Walnut Creek is a nice area, so I would not be concerned about safety with this offsite lot.
- BART is somewhat close, but not within walking distance

Other than that- a great stay and I would definitely return or recommend to friends and family!

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
san francisco, ca
Reviewed August 17, 2009

The hotel itself was clean + shiny, but the free parking lot was a 10 min. walk away under a highway ramp (not very inviting), and did not seem monitored at night. If you want to park at the hotel, you pay for valet. For this reason, I would not recommend this hotel. Not so fun to lug your bags across 2 crosswalks. 5-10 min. drive to lots of different shopping areas, from kohl's type to fancypants (coach, bcbg, etc.).

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Chicago
Reviewed April 22, 2009

My stay was absolutely amazing. I started my stay at Holiday Inn in concord. After two nights of terrible service and below standard rooms, I packed up and moved to the Marriott. This move in the middle of my business trip was very upsetting as I could not affored the time it took to move but I could no longer stand the poor service and amenities. My experience completely changed as I arrived at the Marriott. The young men who greeted me in the parking lot were absolute gentleman. They immediately insisted on helping me with my luggage and any thing else I may need. My check in was easy and effortless, the bell hop who walked me up to my room made great conversation and insisted on helping by placing my very heavy bags in my closet and out of the way. The smiles and warm greeting I received throughtout were just what I needed after a very stressful two day at the Holiday Inn. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better I proceeded down to the front desk to get directions to the 680 North on ramp for the next morning. As I stopped for water on the way there (delicious fruit filled iced water) I noticed a flyer placed next to the water with the very directions I was needing. I smiled and followed the sound of a piano playing only to be greeted by a lovely piano player and complimentary cheese and crackers. The Marriott is doing everything right. I stayed in the lounge for abour two hours just enjoying the atmosphere and ambiance. The Marriott made my first visit in Walnut Creek an extreme pleasure.

Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed January 19, 2009

This was a $53 priceline win on a one night stay for a one night layover before a business appointment the following morning.

The most consistent gripe that everyone seems to have with the Walnut Creek Marriott would be the parking. And unfortunately, I can't bring myself to disagree. While the hotel itself is conveniently located, it's completely unreasonable and excessive to force valet for $16 a night here. At a minimum, they should optionalize the Valet service and open their garage to everyone. I utilized the off-site parking, which I would probably describe as no more than a block away, and about a five minute walk to the lobby. While I appreciate that it's offered, and is indeed free, it's most certainly not somewhere I would feel safe and sound leaving my car for a long period of time.

Check-in was simple, quick and friendly. My room was clean, but oddly designed. The view from my window could only be described as strange. My window was apparently in between where the ceiling for the atrium meets the roof. So I had a small, partial view of the atrium and a small, partial view of the sky, with a gigantic black beam in between. The bathroom was nice enough, with lots of free bath products. The shower was nice and clean, but the water temperature was terrible. The warmest I could get it would only be described as "mildly warm" at best. As for the bed, I just didn't find it to be very comfortable. There's plenty of pillows, but the linens and mattress just weren't that great.

I went down to the restaurant to get something to eat, and found myself one of the only people there. The hostess/server was rude and very brief with me. I ordered what turned out to be the strangest looking chicken ceasar salad i've ever eaten, and i've eaten a lot of them. Not only did it look strange, but it tasted horrible.

Overall, the hotel has a very clean feel to it overall, but even with that said, the whole experience unfortunately just had a lot of negatives to it. I would not return, especially if the parking situation is not corrected.

• Liked — Cleanliness, rooms were well insulated, friendly checkin staff
  • Disliked — Valet parking requirement and high price is absurd, terrible restaurant
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
Reviewed October 5, 2008

Easily one of the worst Marriott's I have ever stayed at. The hotel is RIGHT next to a construction site. Every morning, I would be thrashed awake by the sound of a hammer.
Front Desk staff was "OK".
Valet seemed to be a bunch of hoodlums, and I did not trust them with my car.

Terrible stay.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CMTDMain
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!