“Amazing experience! Highly recommended hotel!”

Walnut Creek Marriott
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
San Francisco, California
“Amazing experience! Highly recommended hotel!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stayed at the marriot this past weekend and everything was as expected. The restaurant and lounge service is excellent as well as the overall hotel experience.
The staff was very attentive. I utilized the Valet Parking service and the staff was always polite and fast to attend.
I would highly recommend this Marriot Walnut Creek to a friend.
Location was easy to find and to access.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed here for one night with my husband (who stays here when he travels for work) and our teenage son.

We arrived a bit on the early side for check-in (Noon). The first room we were given was directly next to the highway and was terribly noisy (and had an odd angular shape). I knew immediately that this room was not going to work for me (a light sleeper). My husband called the front desk to get a new room and was put on hold on the phone for well over five minutes only to be told that they would call him when they located a new room (he never received this call). An hour later, after returning from lunch, I asked the gentleman at the front desk about the status of the new room. He was very helpful and immediately gave us a new room. Problem solved! Why wasn't my husband able to resolve this issue over the phone? This was frustrating.

Our new room overlooking the parking lot was significantly quieter. Unfortunately the Wi-Fi did not work even though IT staff were sent to our room to solve the problem. We saw the IT staff continuing on to neighboring rooms, so apparently we were not the only guests on that floor having this problem.

To park here, you must use the valet. There is no other option. This might be fine for the typical business guest, but for a family who was coming and going throughout the day, this was not convenient.

All of the staff we encountered in person (maid, front desk, concierge lounge) were very friendly. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the parking lot if you want a quiet room.
Green Features: Water pressure in shower is low. Perhaps this is because they are trying to use less water?
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank EPMom4
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Great staff who made me feel special. Special Kudos to Deena Sabra @ the front desk. She gave me great service. What a terrific employee! This is the place to stay when in Walnut Creek. Location is great for getting anywhere in Northern California.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Danville
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Not up to Marriott standards. Place is under construction so I gave them a break and added a star. The got rid of parking garage access. Literally no place to park. Staff was great but rooms and facility very rundown. Stay at the Hilton in Danville..5 mile away and MUCH nicer facility with free breakfast and nightly snacks, wine and beer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank John B
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Every time I walked by the front desk I was greeted with a friendly smile and warm welcome. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area and transportation. In combination with the beautiful hotel rooms and great food in the restaurant and wonderful people It was an Excellent Experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Lathrop, California
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We often stay at nice hotel after a long work week for comfort and relaxation, and to avoid the Friday night commute back to the Central Valley. We thoughtfully chose marriott walnut creek. As we drove up the hotel look the same as their website. It has a Glascow architecture.
Now things get real. As we walked to our room on the forth floor and entered I noticed the bed looked unkept but my husband assured me it was ok. So proceding to wrap up our night I got my husband things ready forbid shower, then mines but before jumping in the shower I attempted to dispose myself as I squat I look at the bowl and to my surprise some hard feces raised, brown and nasty stuck to the bowl.

Called down to the front desk to speak with a manager ASAP. About 10 minutes later housekeeping came up. She ask did we call earlier, around 6 we replied no we've only been here about 30 minutes top. She came in looked at it. The manager looked at it and needed to investigate.

• Stayed March 2014
Eddie A, General Manager at Walnut Creek Marriott, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
I am truly sorry that you had a poor experience during your stay at our hotel but I was informed that the manager got involved immediately and responded and has addressed the issue with the room attendant. I was also told that you were compensated for the poor experience and were happy with the compensation. If this is not correct, please call me and we can discuss the issue. We take cleanliness as a very important part of our business and we coach and/or counsel our associates in a case such as yours. Please contact me as soon as possible and I look forward to hearing from you.
Los Altos, California
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We spent last weekend at the Walnut Creek Marriott with hundreds of high school girls and their parents who were participating in the USA Water Polo Olympic Development Program Regional Championships. Through the weekend the entire staff from the very accessible general manager to housekeeping, reataurant wait, and valet car parking were incredibly friendly and supportive. Every staff person we encountered was 100% committed to making our stay the best it could possibly be. The rooms are a little dated and small but the entire facility is spotless and well maintained. We had two dinners and one breakfast at the Atrio restaurant and it was first class. The standard menu augmented by the bi-weekiy specials is fairly limited but everything we had was excellent. The chefs and wait staff (ask for Dorina if she is working dinners) are very willing to offer suggestions and modify menu items to make sure that you are pleased. They have a band in the bar area on Friday nights that totally rocks. The lead singer looks like John McCain but sings like Axel Rose. He is worth the stay alone. And the great thing for people staying at the hotel is that the band stops at 10 PM so you get a couple of hours of great entertainment but can also get a good night's sleep even if you have an early event planned for Saturday morning. All in all if you are planning a stay in the east bay you won't be disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Diablo Mountain Inn
Diablo Mountain Inn
#5 of 7 in Walnut Creek

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!