“Home away from home”

Walnut Creek Marriott
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Reviewed March 4, 2014

As a 20+ year road warrior that stays in hotels over 200 nights per year I have my choice of hotels at any price point. The Walnut Creek Marriott is my #1 US location to stay at for many reasons. Besides the strategic location and close proximity to some of the finest restaurants anywhere, the staff at this hotel is among the best I have ever experienced. This all comes from the presence of their fairly new General Manager along with his Director of Operations who insist that the customer always comes first. I have yet to find another hotel that has the kind of consistent commitment to their clientele as the Walnut Creek Marriott. From the valet staff learning your name to the personal greetings you always get as you walk in, no place feels like home as much as this hotel. Atrio, their hotel bar and restaurant turns out food that rivals some of the top local restaurants making it a desirable choice to eat in on any given night. If you are traveling on business or vacationing in the San Francisco area, this is the place to stay. If you are looking for a comfortable place in a beautiful suburb, walking distance from great shops and restaurants that is close to Napa, San Francisco and Oakland without the high price and congestion, the Walnut Creek Marriott is the place to be.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 19, 2014

this was a very bad trip .. There was a fire alarm evacuation at midnite ....with no explaination , they charged me for a movie we didn't finish watching because of the alarm .The Breakfast buffett area had dirty carpet and unwiped tables !!! just over all a bad nite for me and my wife too get away .And then the noise from humming heaters and air conditioners ...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cornell T
Eddie A, General Manager at Walnut Creek Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

I would be more than happy to discuss the poor experience you had at our Marriott and also take off any charges that you feel should be adjusted. The fire alarm that went off was from a pull station on one of the guest floors and could not be silenced until we completed an investigation of the entire floor and had approval from the fire department. We made one announcement over the PA system because it was past 11pm at that time and most of the guests just wanted to get back to sleep. I covered your concerns about the restaurant with the Executive Chef and the Restaurant Manager along with the AM crew and it is not acceptable at any time. The AC/Heater unit has been adjusted to where it makes little to no noise other than a fan sound. A welcome letter is passed out with my cell number asking for any feedback or phone call and I have a taped message on channel 64 with my cell number also asking for any feedback from anything less than a great stay. Please call me anytime at (317) 965-0400 and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed one night recently. This is my second visit to this property. Last visit was a few years ago. Checked in late and checked out early for a meeting nearby. The room was ready and the bed was comfy. Great stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Avrilx
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I typically stay at the "H". As a Diamond member I pretty much only stay at that chain. I decided to stay at this Marriott because they where far cheaper than the "H" in this area and I was on a budget, not wanting to sacrifice any of my travel plans to accommodate the price of my preferred lodging.

I am thoroughly impressed with the Marriott based on my stay here. The staff is all friendly, going above and beyond to make me feel welcome. I had the pleasure of meeting the general manager of the hotel (Ed Adaire) what a wonderful gentleman. He has the respect and adoration of his staff and love of the hotel guests.

Because of my wonderful experience here at this Marriott, I cut up my diamonds reward card and will be staying at Marriots.

If you are in Walnut Creek and looking for a 5 star hotel, stay at this 6 star hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank kzernel
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Having traveled for over 40 years on business (now retired) like most business men, you pick a hotel chain and pretty much stay with it because you know what to expect. In my case I had picked Hilton and most of my travel was staying at Hilton.

This month my wife and I found the need to be in Walnut Creek for over a week. Because of a family member who stays at the Walnut Creek Marriott for business, we booked a room. We could not have been more pleased with our stay. I must say I have never stayed in a hotel which has a staff who is consistently dedicated to assuring the guest that every reasonable request is taken care of with a smile. I actually believe the majority of the staff thoroughly enjoy working at this Marriott. The location is central for travel in the Bay Area, the amenities are as good as any Hilton, and because of the staff I will stay here when in the Walnut Creek area.

This stay has not only convinced me to stay here when in the East Bay, but I have now joined the Marriott rewards program. I am hoping other Marriott's are run as well as this one.

Room Tip: Some small number of rooms have minimum cell phone reception. Management told me they are working on...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Grumpy708
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

As a constant businesss traveller, I live on the road. So 22 days ago when i find myself knocking on deaths door with the H1N1+COmplications,the staff (no scratch that, my 2nd family at the WC Marriott) made sure appropriate people were notified, went way above the call in taking careof my business as I literally fought for my life. Eddie and staff, I love you all,my family loves you all and you have a loyal cuastomer as well as a friend now in me. Also, any company today.would be lucky to just employ a few of these miriacle workers.let alone full staff.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank talonpsi
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have several favorite Marriott hotels, but my stay at the Walnut Creek Marriott was over the top great. From the General Manager, the Operations Manager, the front desk staff and attendants in the concierge lounge, I could not have had a nicer week. They just know how to take care of guests. I will go out of my way when I am in the Bay Area to stay here as often as I can.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!