“Great staff, nicely remodeled and furnished, but noisy.”

Walnut Creek Marriott
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Happy Valley, Oregon
“Great staff, nicely remodeled and furnished, but noisy.”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Best corporate value in Bay Area during Oracleworld week in Bay Area. Valet parking was efficient and prompt, although at $19/day, pricey for the area. Free off street parking is but 2 blocks away. The rooms were tastefully decorated, with a comfortable lobby and hosted wine reception a welcome surprise. 1980's property recently updated, but acoustics were likely overlooked, as the property is adjacent to busier highway and city streets 30 years later. Noise levels will not be welcomed by light sleepers. I always carry earplugs when I travel, but rarely need to use them. I did here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were in town for a wedding. The staff was great and cheerfully upgraded our room when we discovered our original room's window overlooked the roof and felt like a basement suite. The location was really far away from any of the activities that we wanted to take in, but it was clean, quiet and the staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
California
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I would like to say that this property is very nice and the staff is very great. William that works at the front desk is the greatest and they always comp my valet parking. The mobile check in works great.

Room Tip: Corner Rooms are the best
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Phoenix
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We needed a place for a family stay and have had good luck with Marriott hotels. While OK, there were some things that were less than great.

Pros -
Decent sized room
Clean

Cons -
Location is too far to walk to the nice shopping/dining area (Broadway Plaza) or to BART. I imagine the hotel would be good for business in the area, but it was a poor choice for a family stay.
Parking - Self Parking is a block away, which kind of limited us to Valet, $18/night+tips
Pool - The indoor pool is marginal at best. We had bored kids, and the pool was not much help.
Service - While everyone was nice, we booked the hotel through Hotel Tonight and this confused the front desk staff. Check-in took much longer than it should have while they sorted it out. We were also told they would give us some drink coupons while we waited, but they did not come through.

Overall, I don't see us returning to this hotel when we visit the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were in town for a wedding. Rooms were what you expect from from Marriott, very clean and nicely appointed. What I enjoyed the most about my stay was the courteous and helpful staff. Unfortunately, I was suffering a migraine and there is nothing worse than being sick when away from home. I was so thankful for a cool, clean and quiet room to hide in until I recovered, When I was feeling better, the room service was prompt and the food very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 29, 2013

It has been a while since I have stayed at this hotel. I was surprised when I returned to find they did not have self parking available. Only valet = 18.00 a night. Parking is available about 2 blooks away, but I chose safety over $.
The rooms were very good and the concierge floor is secure with code to punch into the elevator. The loung had breakfast, snacks and light dinner available. The first 2 drinks are on the house and they have water, coffee, tea and sodas available. I will definately stay again when I return to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I travel a lot for work so I'm always staying in hotels away from home! I always look forward to a seamless stay. The Marriott Walnut Creek, Ca rocked my stay! The banquet supervisor ( Art Bhavindhu) was very nice and extremely helpful. It made work so much more pleasurable not to mention I was traveling with my boss for an event and he made sure all went smoothly " Thank You" Art. The Marriott team at Walnut Creek, Ca was helpful from check-in to check-out!I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure it was very comfortable and it made staying a few nights away from home more enjoyable:-) Thank you!

Room Tip: Plan ahead and redeem points to get extra goodies to make your stay more enjoyable:-) When I checked...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!