“Excellent hotel & friendly staff”

Walnut Creek Marriott
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed here for both work and pleasure, my first visit to Walnut creek. From outside, I was a bit sceptical but once I entered, the attention, service and friendliness of the staff took me by surprise. When I cheked into the room, I did not like the room as the room did not have any view. I called the front desk and within few minutes, the lady came with another room (supposed to ber favourite) which had the best view in the entire hotel. She apologised profusely and offered to send drinks. It was not even her mistake!!!! Not to mention the personal care taken by the new GM Mr. Eddie Adlair. I felt at home and look farward to my next walnut creek trip!! Thank you all for making the trip so pleasant and memorable.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a work meeting. The food was excellent, the room was clean, comfortable and updated. Deena at the front desk was especially helpful and welcoming. She always had a smile on her face and ready to help.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed (as always) at the Marriott from 6/13/13 to 6/18/13. Had a wonderful time. Eddie Adair, the new GM, is a real asset to the hotel and it was such a pleasure meeting him. Iris always goes above and beyond and the personalized service is always wonderful. We enjoy the staff and it would take too much space to name them all. However, they are all outstanding, from the front desk, the restaurant, as well as the maid service . The Club Level is excellent and Marilyn always makes us feel welcome. Thanks to all! And, hopefully, we'll see you again in November!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dixie D
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I'm from another country and it is my first time stay at this hotel. Everyone's friendly and very welcoming from the front desk staff, restaurant staff and even the cleaning crew. It feels like home away from home experience and more.
Walking distance from the commuter train station and a complimentary shuttle service definitely helped a lot for someone without a car, like myself.
I would definitely come back to this hotel, and would recommend to my family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed briefly at The Walnut Creek Marriott for a business meeting. Great service all the way around and excellent location for shopping, dining and drinks. The personalized service was great and the GM, Eddie really cared about his clients. Nice Club Level as well. Front desk could not be more helpful in answering questions on anything.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

It's a nice change to have a quiet room and surroundings. There were no slamming guest room doors, vacuuming or cleaning carts being wheeled about in the early morning. My room (two queen beds) was a good size as was the bathroom. Everything was clean.

Check-in was quick & easy, the staff was friendly. I was here for a company offsite and sometimes it was a bit of a maze to find the smaller breakout rooms or bathrooms which seem to be tucked away. The air conditioning was a bit much in some meeting rooms, but a simple call to the front desk to turn it down by a few degrees did the trick.

Decent location. Easy to find off the freeway. Offsite parking was easy to find and I'm glad there was an option to the $18/day valet parking. A walk to downtown Walnut Creek is anywhere from 20-30 min. Hotel has a shuttle that will take you down there or a cab ride is approximately $13.

Catered meals were o.k

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The service we received at this Marriott was very friendly and welcoming, which was appreciated. The room was quiet and clean, although the fixtures were dated. Everything worked and was clean, however. We did have some trouble with the room temperature, but daytime temps were very high during our stay so maybe the system just couldn't keep up.

Overall, this hotel didn't stand out as being particularly good, or particularly bad.... so I think "average" is a fair rating.

As others have noted, unless you want to pay $18 per night for the valet parking, you have to park about a block away in a dark, unsecured lot under the BART tracks. Getting out of that lot and back to the hotel requires a trip around the block, since the entrance is one-way. It's not very convenient, but it's free.

The hotel charges for WIFI in the rooms, which I find offensive at this price point. It's such a basic, cheap amenity to provide that I'm very disappointed to be charged extra. In this age, it would be like turning on the TV and finding you have to pay to watch broadcast TV. Maybe Marriott is taking cues from the airline industry and charging for every addition beyond a bed?

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
OAKWC M, Front Office Manager at Walnut Creek Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Jeffrey R,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel, and we appreciate the kind words regarding our staff. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry about the temperature of your guestroom. It was an exceptionally hot day that day, you are right! Guest comfort and satisfaction are our top priorities and we regret you did not experience this. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be happy to make your reservations for you.
Best regards, Mike Clarke, Director of Front Office

#1 of 8 in Concord
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!