“Enjoyed all but the parking”

Walnut Creek Marriott
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Remodeling adds to the attractiveness of this location. Rooms are pleasant if somewhat standard. We would have taken the concierge level, but they don't have service on weekends. Parking was self service in their covered garage, now it is at the employee lot across the street, not a joy at night or in the rain.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Walnut Creek Marriott

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not particularly convenient to offsite parking carrying stuff, but valet parking was expensive. BUT good to have offsite parking available. When checking in, I don't feel that I should have to pay - "tip" for valet privileges to drop off luggage at check in for 5 minutes - especially cuz I parked offsite. Bed was lumpy. 2 card "keys" at check in not properly keyed - had to return to main desk carting all my luggage. Friendly staff at early morning coffee desk, but had to get staff attention at main desk (3 times they were in the back room). Suggest a ring bell or chime of some kind to alert staff that someone is at the counter.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room AWAY from freeway. Room on 2nd floor over late Saturday night party. A/C uni...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
OAKWC M, Front Office Manager at Walnut Creek Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear TahoeHeidi,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel, and we appreciate the kind words regarding our staff. We sincerely appreciate your feedback about when they were not available. Guest comfort and a trouble free stay are our top priorities and we regret you did not experience this with your keys not working properly. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future!
Best regards, Mike Clarke, Director of Front Office

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I believe that everything about this place is incredible. It was an incredible delight to stay there. yes we also had a couple of business meetings there through Prudential which was an amazing opportunity. The staff here are incredibly nice and the place is amazing. Thank you for letting me stay here overnight a number of nights.

Room Tip: All of the rooms here are amazing and a great delight to stay in.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2013

2nd time I have stayed here - last time was ~6 years ago - it hasn't gotten better with age. The wall paper is peeling in my room. The TV seems smaller than other properties I have stayed at. The mattress feels cheap. The counter in the bathroom is very low - a few inches below my waist.

Getting to the concierge lounge requires entering a secret code into the elevator buttons - so I have carry around the little card holder so I remember what it is - not sure why I can't just use my key like I do at almost every other Marriott I stay at.

The lounge is fair at best - went up there last night to find a combination of heavy hors d'oeuvres and cookies - if you use the lounge you know the food has been left out way too long, if the cookies are out. No bottled waters and no one attending to the lounge...not surprised at this point.

My big irritation was the number of valets standing around when I checked-in - do you really need 10 guys down there? I almost thought I was at the airport security line... I will admit my mistake - I didn't tip them - all I had was a $20 - but they got very sarcastic in their have a nice evenings after that (for the record I made sure I got change so as to not offend them the remainder of the week).

Overall - I am picking someplace else to stay when I come back on future travel - not worth the $200/night + $18 a night for valet only parking.

Dear Flysforfood,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our your stay here. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. The condition of our suites is very important to us as we aim to provide guests with the best accommodations and service. The issue with the update is being addressed. We are very excited to have a property improvement plan in the works that will include guestrooms, fitness center, and meeting space. We have a new General Manager named Eddie Adair who has a passion and committment for our guests. He is available via cell phone (317) 965-0400 to hear your concerns. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Sincerely, Mike Clarke, Director of Front Office

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was an excellent property. Its within walking distance to public transportation (the BART), a taxi stand is at the bart as well. The valet service provided a local shuttle to the area at no charge. The front desk personnel was extremely friendly and eager to be of help. Their food recommendations were right on. There is a large public area for sitting, dining and an open bar for cocktails. Very relaxing. Would certainly book this property again. I hate paying for parking for my car when I pay to park my behind in a room, it should all be included. I guess those days are done, but it plays a part for me as to whether or not I stay at a particular property. This property has free parking less than a block away if you feel like I do. Nice pool, hot tub. Nice place.

Room Tip: The freeway is on the back side of the hotel so its a little noisy if you're a light sleeper. H...
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here twice for two nights on local business. Yes it's a few blocks from BART, which makes for economical trip from/to SFO otherwise $150 taxi, but too far to walk with roller luggage. Call ahead for shuttle though sometimes wait 15 minutes to get ride for the 4 blocks. Both times I checked in with friendly desk staff (in the open bar/lobby area that is the highlight of the hotel) and was given a room that had huge HVAC units behind the wall causing the whole room and bed to vibrate and have a low wa-wa-wa sound which couldn't possibly be slept through. Hello? Note to management: shut these rooms down. This past time I was given a second room option back near the interstate which again was far too noisy for sleeping. Finally both times they were nice enough to upgrade me, but really...now I'm on T.A. site wondering where else I might stay next time in Walnut Creek.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
OAKWC M, Front Office Manager at Walnut Creek Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear ThatYankee,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel, and we appreciate the kind words regarding our staff. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our suites. Guest comfort and safety are our top priorities and we regret you did not experience this. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. We have are excited to have our new General Manager, Eddie Adair with us and the experience and passion for service he brings. I know we will only be a better hotel with him here and have already begun to address the issue with the room you mentioned above. Thank you again for the feedback, it is truly a valuable resource for us.
Best regards, Mike Clarke, Director of Front Office

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was here for the FOGcon3 and the set up was amazing! The ballrooms are big and beautiful, and very clean. It was alot of fun this year i was very glad to see old faces. The bar though closes to early for a weekend and there's no 24hour room service. I had to run to jack in the box across the street. I love the location its right in downtown, during the day i went shopping and at night bar hoping and everything is less than 5miles! They are valet only parking so its kind of confusing when you first pull in. The valet guy that took my car in the morning was nice but i felt kind of rushed. The night valet guy was a real cool person we spent almost 10mins just talking, and he showed me something about my car that i had no idea about which I'm very excited about! I think his name was arson he said?, short hair guy. When you enter the hotel there are some ugly flowers out side that my gf didn't like lol. I am posting this from the lobby using their wifi on my phone and it is super slow. Overall I had a great time during and after our event and would not mind having it here again. Great place great location!

• Stayed: March 2013
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!