“OK”

Walnut Creek Marriott
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Property has just completed an upgrade in the lobby, which is a plus. The rooms are standard Marriott rooms and are in need of an upgrade. I stayed on the concierge level and the lounge was nice and service was very good. I still don't get why Marriott closes the concierge lounge on weekends, it's 2012!
The hotel service was acceptable and everyone seemed very nice and helpful. The parking is going 100% valet. They offer free transportation downtown Walnut Creek and to the Bart. My wife used it once, when I called they said come down to the Lobby, but when I did, the shuttle had all ready left.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have stayed at this Marriott many times. I stay here because it is convenient, has a pretty decent restaurant, great concierge lounge and free parking. Unfortunately, the parking is no longer free and it is $18/ day. that takes it beyond my budget. I will no longer stay here. Even the Sacramento Marriott has free parking as does the San Jose and Cupertino. What are they thinking. If it were $5 I would stay. Sorry, Marriott Walnut Creek, you have lost my business. Still a nice hotel though.

Room Tip: Stay away from the freeway side it is noisy. They do provide earplugs though.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Small but clean room, a bit dated, good value. The parking was a mess when arriving on a Friday. The free self parking was full so the hotel guests checking in were pretty much forced to valet for $18 per night. The hotel is fairly large and is sqeezed on a very small piece of land. It has a lively lounge (lobby). It's close to the Bart station and has free shuttle service to the shops in downtown and the Bart Station. Beds were not that comfortable. No views out of the windows. The restaurant has good food though.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 2nd floor and I could hear cars honking from the garage below.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Trooperr
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I would have given this location 5 stars on service, but I was traveling with a senior on a wheel chair and no one came to help me. There was no one to greet me. Later I found out that they only have one bell boy and he is the same person that drives the shuttle. Did not like the fact the Concierge Launge is only open Monday tru Friday from 5 PM to 9 PM.
The hotel looks very clean! It is a good value, nice sleep clean and excellent in room coffee.
I loved the breakfast. I will stay there again, Maybe next time I will go to the Spa. Mirna J

Room Tip: Concierge Access is not the same as Cocierge level, so be careful when making the selection and ask...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Marina J
norvalnelson11, General Manager at Walnut Creek Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Dear Mirna,

Thank you for your valued feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Walnut Creek Marriott. Please accept my sincere apology that you were not greeted upon arrival and that no one was readily available to assist you and your travel companion. Although we often have one Bellman scheduled, we have as many as six valet parking attendants available to welcome our guests and assist them as needed. I am sorry that no one reached out to you and extended the level of genuine care that we strive for.

In regards to our Concierge Lounge, we maintain the standard Marriott hours of service, we open the lounge on Sunday night for our evening reception and continues service each day for breakfast and evening reception through Friday mornings breakfast service. Guests who reserve the concierge level and pay for the premium service are guaranteed concierge level room assignment. Our Marriott Gold and Platinum Reward Level members are either upgraded to this level based on availability or provided access.

I appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast buffet and cleanliness of the hotel and will share those comments as well as the feedback on your arrival experience with our entire team.

I look forward to your return visit and to welcome back to our hotel.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed two nights, pro's within walking distance of downtown Walnut Creek which has some great restaurants. The room was average, a little bit smaller than I expected. The bed was comfortable but initially looked a little saggy, the water pressure was horrible and there was a funny smell in the room. When looking out my window I looked out on the apt complex hallways less than 10 feet away. Also be prepared if no parking available, the overflow lot is a bit of a distance away. I did appreciate my free small bottles of water snd my chocolates on my bed. Overall average.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear SioPerkins,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Walnut Creek Marriott. We appreciate your feedback and am sorry that we did not leave you with a more positive impression, as we definitely strive for Excellence.

We do have a limited number of rooms adjacent to the neighboring apartment complex. I would suggest noting a request for a view room on your next stay and would welcome your call or email when planning your next visit to the Walnut Creek area, as I would be delighted to personally follow-up on your room accomodation. During busy periods our limited complimentary self parking lot does fill, however, we do offer valet parking services and always accomodate our guests.

Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming back to the Walnut Creek Marriott.

norval.nelson@wcghotels.com
925-927-1100

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was told internet was included in my corporate rate, and then had to wait about 30 minutes for it to be taken off my bill. My coworker was charged for valet parking, which she didn't use. Salmon pasta in the concierge lounge was pretty nasty. Room service brought me a Cesar salad, I ordered a green salad (I don't eat cesars). Cable TV cut out a few times.

Staff was very cordial to me. My coworker was told she couldn't have a fridge (which she needed for medication, and which WAS available), and had other bad experiences.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear BairdWallace,

Thank for you for taking the time to provide me with your valued feedback regarding your most recent stay here at the Walnut Creek Marriott.

Please accept my sincere apology for the various concerns noted in your review. Rest assured that I will follow-up on each point with my fellow teammembers here at the hotel. The Cable TV problem was a isolated concern and has subsequently been resolved. We have a number of refrigerators available on request and always prioritize them for guests with medical needs noted in their reservation. Additionally we reserve several for medical requests not submitted in advance. Please suggest to your associate to note her medical need for a refrigerator in her future reservations and if she is a Marriott Rewards member to add this requirement to her Marriott Reward profile.....I am confident that she will minimal if any problems on future stays.

Thank you once again and I look forward to meeting you on a future return visit and hope that you will conact me if I can ever be of personal assistance.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Checked in to the Marriott in Walnut Creek expecting a little more, but was disapointed. The hotel is in a good location but has seen better days and a makeover would really spruce up the hotel. I am a loyal Marriott traveler, otherwise would find a different hotel. I had the pleasure of staying in a room that was directly next to the way to busy highway.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms next to the highway
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Creece007,

Thank you selecting the Walnut Creek Marriott for your recent visit to the Walnut Creek area. I appreciate your compliment on our excellent location. We are Walnut Creek's only downtown full service hotel and are located a short 20 minute walk to our city's dynamic downtown, with a number of excellent dining, shopping and entertainment options. I hope that you had an opportunity to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service that runs each day within a three mile radius from 7am to 11pm.

Additionally, I hope that you enjoyed our new multimillion-dollar renovation of our lobby that was completed this past May. The update incorporates the Marriott Greatroom concept, designating and designing specific zones for social, business, individual time and hotel service. The changes flow into our new A`trio restaurant and lounge, which features a small plate Mediterranean menu and a robust wine list.

I also noted that you were disappointed with your room assignment adjacent to the highway. We do have a limited number of rooms overlooking the highway and unfortunately occupancy levels limited our room assignment options during your most recent stay. I would like to suggest that you note on future reservations a request for a view room or one away from the highway and we will do our best to accomodate you.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Walnut Creek.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
#1 of 8 in Concord
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!