“Pleasant stay”

Walnut Creek Marriott
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We had a room on the 6th floor away from the freeway, which was quiet and comfortable. The bartender who was on duty in late afternoon was wonderful and we liked the comfy couch in the bar area. Didn't really care for the parking garage, which was difficult to navigate. Overall though, a very good stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brodeia

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have an iPhone with AT&T service and had 1 or no bars during my stay. I also had a Verizon MiFi Hotspot and couldn't get a signal so not a great place to stay for business. Maybe it was just my room? I had a steak sandwich downstairs in the bar, it was okay. When entering the parking garage, there was a valet guy who told me to go down a level when there were quite a few open spaces and no Valet Only signs. So if you see one of those guys, just nod and park upstairs.

Room Tip: Ask for one where your phone will get a signal.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2011

This hotel is centrally located, clean, friendly, and excellent for business travel. The self parking garage can be a bit of a challenge but consider that part of the adventure.

I had dinner in the hotel dining room. It was fresh, interesting, and tasty. The small plates option is a plus, and the service was friendly a efficient. Thus, my experience there the next morning was a surprise. Like most business travelers I wanted to get a quick breakfast and be on my way. The host seemed very harried. I was relegated to the bar area. He poured a cup of coffee for me in a rush, then doused it with a huge dollop of cream from a big pitcher because there was not set up on the table. The promised server never appeared. I gave up after sitting there for 15 minutes. Manager, if you are reading this, please consider increasing morning staffing.

Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 18, 2011

This is the 3rd time I have stayed here this year alone, all on business. Having booked multiple room blocks for business events, I am always happy when I get to come to Walnut Creek & enjoy the Marriott with the rest of the group.

What I Love Most: The service, bar none, is the best I have enjoyed in any hotel. The staff is always helpful, no matter what you need. Everyone greets you whenever you enter or leave the hotel be it in the lobby, in the hallways & even out in the parking lot. I always feel welcomed when I stay here. The rooms are always clean and the housekeeping staff are all so professional in the event I happen to see them. I have stayed on almost every floor & side of the hotel and have not had any issues with freeway noise or noise from within. I always get a great nights sleep in the comfy beds.

The fitness room in fairly large & well equipped with machines that actually work. I have yet to see an out of order sign on any machine during any of my stays (this is my 6th over the past 2 years). The food in the restaurant is very good and the servers are so nice! It does take a little more time to get your order than one would expect, but that is the only thing that I could mention as a place for improvement - and even then it is not a big deal. I just make sure I have something to read if I am dining solo. I have not used the pool or hot tub, however I agree that the hot tub is rather small for a hotel this large.

As I sit here in my room at the hotel right at this moment, I am very grateful that it is so close to office I am visiting, down the street from the BART station, and within walking distance to some fabulous shopping & restaurants. We did use the hotel shuttle to get to a restaurant tonight - a shuttle we didn't have to wait long for and with yet another courteous, pleasant employee. If I need to be away from home for the week, this is the place that I want to stay.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise and are not used to traffic sounds, you might want to request a room n...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This hotel is located very near the center of Walnut Creek, just off the 680 freeway. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We were on a high floor and looked out onto the parking lot! The bar area was large and accommodated a pre-party of about 50 people. We ate breakfasts there because there was a nice buffet, a large menu and they were delicious. Service was friendly and helpful throughout the hotel. The hotel has adjacent convenient parking on several levels and hotel entry off two levels. It's nice, but over 20 years old.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Hotel is squeezed into a space adjacent to 680. Our 6th floor room overlooked a roof top of vents, etc. Others would overlook 680, some towards Mt. Diablo. Pool is small, hot tub even smaller and both outside. Great opportunity to be enclosed and enjoyable year round. Concierge Lounge was very nice, morning and evening offerings were above average and staff helpful. Furniture a bit dated but ok. Parking garage is too small and spaces are very tight. Front desk area is also small, with only two staff working many times I stopped there was a line waiting. BART station is near-by, about a block away.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed at the Walnut Creek Marriott at the beginning of September. We were in town for a friend's wedding. The service was good. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We ate breakfast there every morning because the food was delicious. The parking garage did fill up really quickly at night. We had to use the valet service a couple of nights because the garage was full, but they did not charge us for it since there was no where else to park. Great stay overall. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!