“Still Great Food”

Dining options: Reservations
San Francisco
“Still Great Food”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I havbe not visited this place in about a decade. Always enjoyed it in the past. We ate there a few nights back and we were still talking about it the next day. I'm happy to see that it is still excellent.

• Visited February 2014

San Francisco, California
“Dine in a Vintage Railroad Car”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Hubs and I have eaten here many times. We really enjoy having a private rail car which seats as many as 4 not-too-fat-people [we fit !]. And there are some wonderful waiters - especially John who is a seasoned, no-nonsense kind of guy who makes sure you get what you ordered just as soon as it is ready. He doesn't have time for chit-chat and that is just fine with us. However…. last week we sat in our fav car with an very obsequious waiter who not only referred to me as the 'lovely lady' but served me raw roast beef, thinly sliced, and had the nerve to argumentaively tell me that was Vic Stewart's medium rare. When I explained I could not eat it, he took it away and returned it to me doused with that horrid au jus that either comes out of a can or is powdered and mixed with water. He then proceeded to tell me the roast beef was now brown because of the au jus but still pink in the middle. Holy cow. It was the same roast beef just doused with that horrid heated stuff so I would think it was medium rare. It took 10 minutes for this maneuver and by that time the scalloped potatoes were luke warm at best. The meal cost us about $90 and was a HUGE disappointment. So - here's the deal: order steak as we normally do. The hard liquor is a good pour. The wine seems a lesser pour. This really is a great place to go and the calamari is an awesome app as is the wedge salad with blue cheese. Don't oder the lobster bisque. It is bottled, grey clam juice poured with great ceremony over some over-cooked lobster. I know this review sounds pretty negative and I normally don't write such negative reviews. I am trying to be truthful. Vic Stewarts is really a wonderful restaurant and you should go there. Just make a few informed choices from the menu. There are just some things you should not order. Enjoy.

• Visited December 2013
Walnut Creek, CA
“Thanksgiving Dinner”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I have dined in restaurants all over the world from the Orient to South and Central America and Europe. I can truly say that we have never been more pleased with a restaurant proper, it's food and service personnel, than we were last evening when we enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner at Vic Stewart's, in a private room. The food, presentation and service were, in a word, perfection! If it were possible to award more than 5 stars, I would. We have found THE restaurant in Walnut Creek for us. We will be regular customers at this fine dining establishment from now on starting with Christmas Eve. Yes, it's that good.

• Visited November 2013
Angels Camp, California
“exellent food”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a great place for a very good dinner I had a super good filet cooked
Just the way i wanted with a great salad and excellent service will return next time i am in walnut creek.

• Visited August 2013
San Francisco, California
“Good cocktail hour”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I've been here for dinner, but this review is for a cocktail happy hour for three other friends. Nice ambiance, and good service from the waitress. We ordered three rounds of various cocktails with some happy-hour appetizers. Everything was good, the conversation and visit flowed, and the waitress was attentive. We were thanked on the way out as well. Very positive and enjoyable experience.

• Visited July 2013