“3 strikes you are out!”
Review of Il Fornaio

Il Fornaio
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 307 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Broadway
Transit: BART
Description: Il Fornaio means 'the baker' in Italian. This award-winning restaurant offers an authentic and unique Italian dining experience. Specialties include wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade pastas; pizzas from an oak wood burning oven; fresh salads and housemade soups; a wide variety of desserts; and fresh baked bread made daily from scratch. Winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence 2007.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My title says it all. I dined here three times, and each one was a very sad disappointment! It has now been a while since I have gone, but I hear it is still the same. I have been to other locations and have had a better experience, but this location is not good.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Nice place to eat good italian food, I ate for lunch with my daughter and the service was nice, staff was at our service, we had a good pizza, good pasta, and a very good traditionnal tiramisu
The decoration is nice, and you can eat outside with a nice sunny terrace.
You can go, you will not be disappointed

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Have wonderful wines and a great choice of appetizers or pizzas for $5 at Happy Hour in the bar. Great deal, great atmosphere, great place.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We planned a birthday dinner for 13 people and requested and were given the "Tuscan Table" at the end of the restaurant. After arriving early I met with one of the bar-staff and he graciously allowed me to taste 5 different Italian reds and we found the perfect choice for a large party. The table was nicely set and we enjoyed a very pleasant dinner with good service. The food was above average and considering the restaurant was packed with parties for proms and other events they did a decent job. At times it was hard to get the waiters attention for drinks and service questions etc and considering the 20% service charge they should have planned for more staff for this evening with the restaurant packed. I would thoroughly recommend this for a party and table can hold 14 comfortably. Only negatives for us was the main course was not as hot as it should be but with a packed restaurant and large party that is not so bad. Main negative was the way were greeted upon arrival.Two rather miserable women who did not welcome us smile once.........it was more like a "oh you are all here" look on their faces. Wake-up Il Fornaio and make sure your guests feel special from the minute they walk in.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I always go to Il Fornaio in Walnut Creek. Last Sunday we met with a couple of friends for lunch and we requested an outdoor table. The weather was perfect, sunny and not too hot. The food is always good. Some of my favorites dishes: Insalata di Bietole and Cannelloni al Forno.