“Does Lunch Well”

Cafe Nordstrom
Ranked #95 of 291 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible
Sonoma, California
“Does Lunch Well”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Christmas shopping at Nordstrom is one thing. Eating at their Cafe is quite another place.
You stand in line and order off the menu when you reach a cashier and then find a seat. Actually it was not a bad experience listening to other shoppers in line talk about their shopping adventures and it made the time go quickly.
Nothing unusual about the food as the menu was comprehensive with sandwiches, salads, soup, etc. The grilled cheese and tomato soup on the childs menu was a hit as it came with a drink and raisins. Pear salad and grilled sandwich were hits too.
Service from the order cashier to the servers were excellent. Whenever something was needed they took care of it quickly smiling all the time.

• Visited December 2013

Virginia
“Nice place to grab a bite while shopping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was looking for a place to grab a bite to eat while waiting for my room at the Embassy Suites in Walnut Creek to be ready.

I had eaten at the Nordstrom's bistro before so I knew that I could get something to eat without a long wait. The food was good, not a lot of choices but convenient and fast. I was able to get a decent glass of wine and take advantage of their wifi while killing time.

• Visited October 2013
Pleasanton, California
“Good place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Cafe Nordstrom is a good option for lunch. My sister and I like to go there sometimes during the weekend when we are shopping. They have a varied menu, with good salads, sandwiches, pizzas and main dishes.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Viajerosen
McKinleyville, California
“Great food, average service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

The pear and blue cheese salad is one of my favorites. I have had it in several Nordstrom restaurants. The cafe is as lovely as any Nordstrom cafe and the food is as wonderful as one would expect. The service, however, needed some help. My server had way too many tables. Nonetheless, after I waited for my check, waved for attention to get my check, and asked another server for my check, I surrendered and went to the registers. That flustered some of the staff, but we made our way through the process.
I will go back to Nordstrom Cafe, the food is wonderful and the service generally is as well.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Author567
“Overpriced stale sandwiches with crappy service and incompetent staff.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Despite all the offers to get you something, the staff at this overpriced Walmart-esque cafe is totally incompetent. From having cashier's who don't seem to know their own menu to outrageous prices to ten minute turnaround to get u a cup of water, this place sucks. Do yourself a favor and go for the nearest taxi bell.

1 Thank Gary P