“Great seafood”

Scott's Restaurant - Walnut Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
Scott's Restaurant - Walnut Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 297 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Bonanza Street
Transit: Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) Walnut Creek Station - 3 blocks. Local bus and taxi service. Shuttles from major hotels.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Starting with the valet service in the underground parking facility outside the back door, this is a quality restaurant. The service is friendly and professional. We go twice a year with a mature group of seniors -- six to eight in the party. The waiters are patient with those who have trouble ordering. The food, especially the seafood is excellent. Priced for fine dining, it is a worthwhile eatery for a fun night out.

2  Thank BruinSeniorTraveler
There are newer reviews for Scott's Restaurant - Walnut Creek

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had an excellent meal in the garden, lit at night. There is a pretty fountain near the tables with water flowing. The food was superb.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Was there for my birthday last year. I was so disappointed when I asked about the Calamari steak and they didn't have that dish anymore; I was looking forward to having that too! It was on their online menu, but NOT on their regular menu. If I knew they didn't have Calamari, I wouldn't have gone there.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our family has enjoyed the good food and fine dining atmosphere of Scot's in Walnut Creek for many years. The food and service are very good. The brunch offers a large offering of just about anything you could wish.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Some business friends of my husband's told us we should visit this restaurant. I checked out the website and found lots of things that I wanted to eat. However, when we got there, the menu was a bit different. My husband was especially looking forward to creamed spinach, and it wasn't there at all (maybe we saw the Easter menu choices). I think the website manager should keep things up to date with what is on the menu.
On to the food. One of us had the Scott's Dungeness crab and seafood cioppino, which he said was a bit messy but good (ask for the lobster bib). Another had the shrimp, crab and mussels dish without the mussels. The kitchen had no trouble with the substitution. He said it was pretty good, but there wasn't enough crabmeat and it wasn't fresh. Another had the sole, which he liked, but he said he could have eaten more. Another had a hamburger, and I had crab and shrimp au gratin. All were good dishes, but not spectacular.
The decor of the restaurant is lovely, with a piano playing in the background. To the side is a lovely garden setting with seating. I think on a lovely warm night, this would be a wonderful place to eat. You can see the kitchen from the seat we had and it was bustling with people. Our server was excellent - not clinging, but always helping, and the water and drinks were filled without asking. There are lots of desserts to pick from, but it was getting late after a long day at the office, so we opted out. The wine list is quite good and one of the party said the wine he had was "a find".
The restaurant has a designated valet parking garage on a side street, Bonanza Street. The restaurant name is at the bottom of the parking sign - look sharp. The valet parking is inside the parking garage, which exits into the restaurant, (instructions to the garage are on a sign in front of the restaurant) which I thought was great if it was a rainy day, What a very convenient addition.
I would go back to this restaurant if I were in the area.