“Love this place”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have been here several times and have never had a bad experience. I happen to find this place searching online and saw that they had rave reviews. It is almost easy to miss and looks small from the outside. They have the two rooms. The front part is busy and noisy and the seats are closer together (I have not problem with this), and there is a back room that seems to be more quiet. We sat in both, but my husband seems to love the back. I like both. The coffee is out of this world. They make the best coffee I have ever tasted. I have been there for both breakfast and lunch. I like how they offer several healthy choices. I have tried their yogurt pancakes with the berry compote. The first time I went I ordered this and I was going to order some side dishes but the waiter recommended another deal on the menu that actually was what I wanted, but at a better price. There regular pancakes are good too. My husband loved one of their dishes. I think it was an omelet. I know it had salmon in it. For lunch I had a Turkey sandwich. It was a very nice size. I was able to take it home. Oh my and if you go on Sunday, they service on the house brownies that are so soft and moist and this pudding like bread (forget the name). The waiters and waitresses are so kind, friendly and attentive. It is a warm and welcoming place. Good parking since there is a parking lot where this place is located. This is my #1 breakfast spot. Check out their menu which is online. It is such a variety of foods. You can go there for just a bagel and fruit or get one of their big meals. It's great. Unfortunately, I am so spoiled here that I do not want to go anywhere else for breakfast!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Wonderful happy place with a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional choices. Has the best tea menu for those of us that don't drink coffee which was a pleasant surprise. Service was friendly and efficient. We were there at peak breakfast time and did not feel rushed which was appreciated! Will definitely return!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

The Morning Buns were delicious! Wish we had this in Southern California

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Next to a store that I visit for work and a colleague recommended it. I hear the chili with cornbread is great, I learned that the cornbread isn't baked until after 3:00 pm, since I was there for lunch I will give the cornbread a try another day. The chili was excellent though. I had that for an appetizer and a thai chicken salad for my main course. The salad was just how I llike food, flavorful without being too spicy. It looked like they had nice home baked goods as well for dessert.

I look forward to visiting Sunrise again and trying out some of their other offerings.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Had another tastey breakfast at Sunrise this morning. As always, the wait staff are friendly and efficient. Even during peak hours, you rarely feel an unreasonable wait. They are graciously accomodating to changes you may wish in your meal selection. Unlike many local breakfast places, their coffee is actually "quality" - so you don't feel like you want to rush off to Peets after breakfast for a GOOD CUP OF COFFEE. Try the lox and egg scramble -lots of lox and plenty of veggies. And for Management: My only gripe is that you took off the fabulous Sunday-only Apple Pancake (perhaps because it doesnt belong on your health-conscious menu???)