“Convenient, friendly staff”

Diablo Mountain Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is a nice little motel in a rather strange location, practically under the freeway. However, the rooms are large, the parking lot is spacious and spots are always free and available. There is ivy growing along the walkway to the rooms so you feel a bit like you are in a garden although you are not far from the freeway. I was never bothered by the freeway noise. It is easy to walk into town or even to Bart, which can be an advantage. Breakfast is served in the lobby and included in the room prices, which are reasonable. The staff is helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank triplemuse61

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I checked in a 4 night stay. The reception staff were very efficient. The room is adequate though a Bit dated but very clean and with comfortable bed. Loads of restaurants nearby and you should definitely try the Kacha Thai Bistro 10 minute walk from the hotel for a sublime meal. Breakfast is simple but adequate. I only wished they provided a plate also for the toast and fruit they serve. Overall excellent value for money and I would recommend this little motel. Incidentally the traffic noise from the highway did not affect my sleep. You can hardly here it apart from the hum of traffic if you concentrate on the noise.

Room Tip: Room 122 is great.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BonBrighton
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We needed a motel room close to our son's home in Lafayette, Ca. The only rooms in Lafayette are nearly $200 starting rates! The Mount Diablo Inn is just 3 miles from the son's place so was the perfect location. It is a old style motel in Walnut Creek The staff was very helpful and caring. The morning continental breakfast was very nice. There is easy access to I-680 and BART.
Just a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jbrecher
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My daughter lives within walking distance of this cute little hotel. She and I went to look at it, thinking it might be a great place for me to stay when I visit her. I loved the place -- lots of charm for a great price and excellent location. So I booked a 3-night stay via phone two months in advance of my intended visit. The person on the phone gave me a confirmation number but did not ask me to provide my credit card information. I thought this was unusual but wrote it off to the idea that it is a small, unique property, not a chain, and must have informal reservation procedures. When I arrived on the appointed date to check in at 5 p.m., the desk clerk told me they thought I wasn't coming and gave away my room ... and no other rooms were available. She claimed that the manager told her he had tried to put a $1.00 charge on my credit card and it was declined. Not true, of course, since they didn't even have my card info. I was very disappointed, not to mention exhausted, as I had flown all day and then taken BART for more than an hour to get to that hotel. I guess I was right -- they DO have very informal reservation procedures! Shame on them.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank DianaDowntown
Reviewed February 20, 2012

will stay again- and I'm picky ! older motel- wallpaper/wans coat type- a bit musty but clean- ivy trimmed roof- 2 stories- continental am- doggie welcome- no kitties- pool- easy access Walnut Creek nitelife- we are close to family staying here and will stay again- this was our first time- staff and manager super nice- stayed 3 nites

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This is a short walk to the shops and restaurants downtown and right off the freeway. Very helpful service from Chance getting us into a room with our canine traveling companion. Clean and well maintained but cant hide the fact that its a 1950s era motel. Outside is maily just a big parking lot with a fenced pool in the middle with about 3 ft of decking around it. Price is reflective of all this, however.

Room Tip: Call proved cheaper than online booking
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed July 21, 2011

A good motel for value, IF you don't plan to sleep! The proximity to I-680 freeway destroys any sense of calm! I heard every truck rolling by like it was in the room. No fault of the owners, nothing they can do but move the whole motel. Too bad, nice staff.

• Stayed: August 2010
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Diablo Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!