“Don't miss by this Marriott hybrid”

Renaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Chicago, Illinois
“Don't miss by this Marriott hybrid”
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Great hotel in Walnut Creek. Awesome concept with connected health club facility. Bring your work out gear! Comfortable rooms with "fun" yet pleasant decor--VERY CLEAN. Hotel check in desk is on right of hallway after entering from car drop off. Don't bother walking all the way down hallway; that's the health club desk. Just wait at the smallish desk to right and someone will appear.

Valet parking only so be advised. They were quick though. Awesome mustard chicken dish available via room service.

Just a few blocks from BART station.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Martinez,
Reviewed July 29, 2010

My family all stayed here while attending a wedding. We had a wonderful visit. The rooms were clean and looked brand new even though the hotel is 7 years old. The restuarant is being remodeled and is almost finished. The food was tasty. The spa staff was friendly and can really give a good massage. The fitness center is 85,000 square feet of excitement. You cannot get bored with your workout here. They also have 150+ fitness classed to choose from. About 8 of my cousins joined me for a kickboxing class and about 20 of us all enjoyed the aquatics center together. On another day the family went to the bocce courts and enjoyed some vino while we played and that night we hit the basketball court for a boys vs. girl game. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful to meet all of our requests. The childcare their is a great value for $5 per hour. I also want to thank the housekeeping staff for notifying us of a piece of jewelry they found in our room. It was sent to us in the mail the next day. Our family looks forward to returning to the Renaissance ClubSport.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Carmel, CA
Reviewed May 12, 2010

We stayed for one night on a Friday evening. The hotel itself is very nice. The room was quite comfortable, and the workout facility was great. The breakfast buffet was good, but not anything better than that, although the service was quite good.

The real issue we had was that my wife's wedding ring "walked away" from our room. The only entry into our room (other than us) was the turn-down service. We filed the police report, and discussed the situation with the hotel operations manager. Subsequently, we got a letter from the hotel's insurance company denying any liability. So, the message from the hotel seems to be - OUR EMPLOYEES MAY STEAL YOUR STUFF, BUT WE ARE NOT LIABLE. This makes me want to rush back to a Marriott property - and I am a Marriot Gold member.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Carmelcpl
seattle, wa
Reviewed May 8, 2010

I come to town fairly often on business, and always tend to stay at the Mariott WC. It's close to my office, close to downtown, etc. Well, having had a number of particularly bad stays there, I decided to move a couple miles up the road and try the Renaissance Club Sport. What a difference! Warm, comfy, modern room with most of the amenities; pleasant staff; what appeared to be fantastic health club facilities as well as dining (sadly, no time to check them out). I arrived at the Pleasant Hill BART around 10:00PM, and it was a bit of a job to find the place. Had to walk around the BART station once before seeing the sign-- the hotel is sort of hidden behind a hill and isn't very noticeable coming from the station. Anyway, I eventually found it, and was very pleasantly surprised with the room. Comfy bed, great bathroom, etc. A few things lacking included a refrigerator, as well as vending options, but nothing major. In room free internet worked without problem. I'll definitely be staying here from now on when visiting the WC area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank tinadam
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 22, 2009

We came here for a weekend getaway and had a relaxing time at the hotel. The room was a little small but nicely furnished. I also brought work with me so I used their free wifi and that was great. We ordered breakfast through room service one morning and it arrived promptly, and staff have great manners. The bathroom was spacious with a full tub and 2 shower heads. I requested a high floor and quiet room and that's exactly what we got. We didn't have a chance to use their spa/gym but heard it was good...maybe try it out next time. The restaurant food was good, not spectacular but good. Staff was friendly and easy to talk to. We had a great time and looking to come back in the near future.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Avrilx
San Diego
Reviewed December 11, 2009

I have to say, this is the best and most convenient hotel I have ever stayed at. My job requires traveling and I always read reviews before making reservations. I am glad I read the positive review because they were very accurate.

The customer service is outstanding, from the moment you walk in, the valet parking employees are friendly and courteous. The front desk receptionist was great, the gym staff was great, the cafe area was great. The rooms were quiet and comfortable. The TV's are outdated but that wouldn't stop me from staying there again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank lookforcomfort
Naperville, IL
Reviewed November 10, 2009

An excellent hotel with a fantastic health club is how this hotel is best summed up. The facilities are great and clean and the rooms are as well. The staff is friendly and the free happy hour served some excellent beer and snack food. I worked out in the AM and felt great about the trip after enjoying the town the night before.
The only downside is that they only have valet parking and you have to use it as there is nowhere else to park - convenient but an extra expense.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Renaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek Hotel? Share your experiences!