“Great hotel in Walnut Creek; Great gym”

Renaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Los Angeles, California
“Great hotel in Walnut Creek; Great gym”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Very nice Marriott hotel with great gym included. Gym includes outdoor pools, Jacuzzi, bocce court. Indoors is a huge gym with every type of equipment, a room for spinning, racquetball, basketball, separate men's and women's locker rooms with showers, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Most people there are gym members.

Valet parking only, $20.

We had free internet (fast enough) and breakfast included. Buffet was OK, but not great. Service was top notch.

Rooms were generous size, very comfortable.

Rooms could use a safe.

Hallways could use a patrol to pick up dishes, odd silverware, etc.

Convenient to I-680. Rooms were very quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel itself is really nice, but unfortunately the parking situation made the stay really frustrating on the way in and the way out. I left feeling like I never want to go there again. They require valet parking and charge you $20 for it; however, they were seriously short on parking staff both days, making a big back-up of cars, confusion, and a frustrating wait (we could've have gotten our own cars! And we had to pay for this??). I finally parked myself in the valet parking.But on the way out, same situation. Waiting and waiting with tons of cars and frustration all around. One guy working the parking. I went in to tell the front desk this was terrible, especially when we have to pay $20 to be parked They weren't all that concerned about my frustration. They simply told me that this was rare. I said that's great, but on my way in and out it's happened and I'm totally frustrated. I just want to get my car and go! They weren't even sympathetic, which I thought was strange. Otherwise, the staff was great! And if you are a fitness buff, this is paradise!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank HappyTrails0368
Luis D, Front Office Manager at Renaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Happytrails0368,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that your parking experience was affected by our high business levels during your visit. Be sure that we have taken the proper actions to prevent this type of incidents. We look forward to the opportunity to provide you with a greater experience in the future.
Sitka, Alaska
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Very nice hotel, great breakfast buffet, and HUGE workout facility. My only complaint was the double beds vs queen beds - that extra 6 inches makes a big difference with two people in a bed. The room was spacious enough to handle two queens, so I don't know why they chose two doubles instead. Otherwise, great property.

• Stayed March 2014
Crescent City, California
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Just returned from a short vacation in the Bay Area (California) and truly recommend this hotel. The room was quiet, the bed very comfortable, the food options in the hotel perfect for our needs (we used the deli and took food to our room). I had a wonderful swim and could have enjoyed more of the exercise options but was a bit short on time. We find valet parking a bit annoying only because we cannot easily retrieve items from the car. However, the very quick response we received to all car requests made this experience a positive one for us. Location was perfect for shopping and a trip up Mount Diablo. Definitely will return to this hotel if we're in the Bay Area again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jan M
Massachusetts
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is the kind of place where the parking valet, when you ask where the Business Center is, walks you there and opens the door for you. On top of that, the rooms are immaculate, and the linens are fresh to the point of being new. The fitness center is a two-story sports club. What's not to like ?

Room Tip: I was in 322, which is at the end of the hallway. Even though I was over the entrance, the room was...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gus B
San Bruno, California
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I love love love how there are different exercise classes each day! I came for bf and I 6 year anniversary and brought the family with us to enjoy it. We had so much fun. I would definitely come back!

Green Features: U can go horse back riding about 4 miles away from hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota, Usa
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The Club Sport is a well-located hotel in Walnut Creek California with updated rooms and the amenities you would expect from a Renaissance property. The kicker is the full service and very busy health club attached to it with full pool, spinning classes, yoga etc. If your visit has time built into it to allow for the full use of the hotel than this property may be too your liking.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Renaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek Hotel? Share your experiences!