“The Best Customer Service All Around!”

Renaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I just had to write a review to say what absolutely outstanding customer service we received at this hotel. We stayed here with my daughters soccer team and all of their families and by the end of the week, every single person was talking about what awesome customer service we received. Everyone from the guys running the valet parking, to the front desk, to the restaurant, the work out facility, and the people working around the pool. There was always a pleasant greeting and every single one of them did anything and everything to help or accommodate you in any way possible. Not to mention a very nice hotel with great facilities. We would stay here again in a heartbeat and we travel a ton!

Also easy freeway access. Only about a mile and a half from all of the shopping and restaurants you could want. Although the restaurant at the hotel is delicious. We also walked a block to catch BART for a 35 ride into downtown San Francisco.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank slurpee10

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night while visiting our daughter at CAL. The hotel was easy to get to off the highway. We got in very late and they only had valet parking. We had a nice room on the 2nd floor. The room in standard Marriott type of room, maybe a little bigger. Bathroom was updated recently.
The jewel of this property is the Club Sport gym, the place is very nice and has something for everyone...even a basketball court!
Everyone we dealt with was very nice and helpful. We had breakfast which was very good and again the service was excellent. I would stay here again over the other Marriott property in WC, mostly because of the gym.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had a conference in Oakland but wanted to stay somewhere that was safe to run. So I booked a room here and loved it. The hotel was across the street from the iron man trail. I ran each morning at five am and it was beautiful. Then in the evenings I went to the club and rode the fanciest stationary bike. There were all kinds of choices for workouts and then the screen was a private tv. Now to the hotel itself which was beautiful and spotless. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had dinner in the hotel and the food was very good. The selection was not that big but we enjoyed everything we ordered.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Beth W
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband stayed here for a week on business and I stayed here with him for the first night. Just prior to this we had spent the weekend in San Francisco. We arrived at the hotel and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. We checked in and wanted to go to downtown Walnut Creek for dinner. Only having one night in this town together we had really hoped to find a good place. The concierge gave us a paper map that had about 50 different restaurants. We were slightly overwhelmed so they asked us a few questions to get a feel for what we were looking for and ended up recommending a place called Modern China. The downtown area is a cab ride away but they offered to give us a ride down in their hotel shuttle. The shuttle driver was great and also recommended a few places for us to have some after dinner drinks that were nearby the restaurant. We LOVED the restaurant they recommended and had one of the best meals ever!

The room was very large and clean, as well as the bathroom. We were very pleased with the air conditioning as well. It was nice and cold. Many hotels air conditioning never seem to hold a lower temperature. The hotel is very close to the BART station which was very convenient for our travels to San Francisco and the airport.

Overall it was a great hotel experience and we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I'd stay here again, hands down. The only thing to make our room better would have been a small fridge. But being able to count on a safe childcare area and a large health club complete with several outdoor pools, I'll forgo a fridge any day. We stayed at ClubSport because my husband's conference was being held there, but I'd beg to stay here again any time we have to go to Walnut Creek. Quite possibly, I'd even ask to go just because! I was hesitant to leave our 4 year old at the kids club as I wasn't sure if it was just a glorified kids room. It does serve as a childcare center for employees of the hotel and offices in the buildings adjoining ClubSport. The staff seemed perfectly adequate but at the end of our stay, I was so touched to hear how well my daughter interacted with them. I brought her every day for 2-3 hours during our 9 day stay, as well as a 4 hour Halloween themed night where parents were allowed to go off-property. During our last visit with them, staff members were telling me that they will miss her and remember key features about her. I can only imagine how tough it was for them to deal with drop-in kids, like ClubSport guests, but they were wonderful. My daughter really looked forward to our routine of me taking her there for a few hours while I worked out at the gym. It made for a memorable trip.

The other services were great to have but with some minor problems. Valet parking was obligatory given the parking situation. However, we self parked on the weekends to avoid having to tip multiple times. Expect to wait and some confusion if you are coming in on a Friday afternoon or Monday morning. The restaurant is convenient but service leaned on the lax side. Luckily, Starbucks is walking distance for when you have the time and energy. If not, do the breakfast buffet and get your check ASAP.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2013

When accommodating a large group of 30+ rooms over a holiday weekend, one expects some unhappy guests. Not at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend. The excellent gym and swimming facilities, the friendly, helpful staff, the clean and comfortable rooms were beyond our expectations. Most in our group vowed to stay here again when they return to the area. One couple in our party, visiting from Paris, decided to stay on at the Renaissance after the weekend event and use the hotel as a base to visit San Francisco for a few more days. The lower price and convenience of direct rapid transit trains into the city worked well. Others in our group were able to avoid the hassle of car rentals at the airport, took the BART train from SFO to the station a block from the hotel and rented cars locally. Combining the clean, comfortable rooms with all the bonuses of the spa, large pool and extensive fitness center served our group well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

The fitness center, which has a steady membership of local residents, is truly one of the best gyms I've ever seen. There were raquetball courts, a basketball court, several group fitness classes going on, at least one cardio room and a huge weight selection.

The hotel room was what you would expect from Rennaissance - nice, clean, and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2013
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Renaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek Hotel? Share your experiences!