“All Good!”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The past reviewers who loved this restaurant were right. If there was a '6' on the rating scale, I would give it. You become engaged as soon as you walk in. The restaurant is well decorated, small and intimate, yet bright and open to the street through large windows. The walls are expertly decorated with photographs of the Istanbul and the Bosphorus Straits for which the restaurant is named. We were met quickly and offered any table of our choosing (always a nice touch). We ordered cocktails from the full bar as we waited for our friends to arrive. After our friends arrived, we ordered falafel appetizers which were deep fried and served with hummus and yogurt which were excellent. For the first course, I ordered the red lentil soup which was light, well seasoned and delicious. For the main course, I ordered the dolma (entre, not the appetizer) which consisted of various vegetables - tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, and onions - stuffed with a lamb and beef and spices and was superb. My wife ordered the rib eye kabob which she equally enjoyed. For desert, our gracious host suggested the kanafeh and Turkish coffee - my oh my - so good. Great food, great service, great atmosphere -- All Good!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I absolutely loved my experience at Bosphorus! It's no wonder the reviews are all perfect :)

This is a casual restaurant, not formal or fussy. So come as you are, but do have an open mind because the food's authentic and you can have a lot of fun with it!

We started with Cold Combo Appetizer (combination of yummy mezes ). This appetizer was amazing, and all made in house. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

For entrees, I enjoyed the Lamb Shank and my date enjoyed Hunkar Begendi (Hünkar Begendi is lamb stew served on a bed of creamy roasted eggplant puree)

Both were great! They have full bar! We tried Turkish beer (Efes?), Turkish Wine (okuzgozu - means bull's eye-the grape) and Lion's Milk - liquorish flavored national drink called Raki. They were all good.

And the final touch... I call the ''OMG Desert'' - Kunefe! try it, try it, try it!!! with Turkish Coffee.

Great service, great food, great people here! I love the hospitality, very comfortable.

I highly recommend this restaurant if you want to explore new foods and enjoy a nice casual dinner...

1  Thank Jessi J
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Our first visit will bring us back. The food was truly authentic and the service was great. Being Armenian, we search out places such as this and we were not disappointed.

2  Thank john a
Reviewed October 13, 2012

These brothers have developed a menu that is a true bit of Bosphorus! You must try a bit of it all. The quality is solid, the service outstanding, and the experience unique. Try their desserts...you will not find anything like it any place else. Never disappointed -

Mary Lou Browning

1  Thank Mary Lou B
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had no idea of what to expect as I'm not that that familiar with Turkish or Mediterranean cuisine, however was very impressed.

The food was very fresh and beautifully presented. With unique tasty spices and tender meats everyone at my table was pleased.

The waitstaff was attentive and the meals arrived in swiftly. The prices were fair.

The atmosphere could be more exotic perhaps mimicking the decor at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul. That aside, the restaurant was immaculate and the noise level was fine.

I highly recommend Bosphorus in Walnut Creek.

1  Thank JScha