“Nice Atmosphere and Great Service in W.C.”
Review of Cypress Restaurant - CLOSED

Cypress Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Cypress in Walnut Creek is a great place for business dinners with great fresh food and outstanding service. The menu has choices for all, and the staff is so helpful and attentive. The appetizers are a nice size so several can be ordered and split by a group.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

New restaurants are a natural draw for me...especially when you learn the chef (Rick) is formerly from Le Virage. Cypress is a modern French restaurant with an American twist so it's attractive even to my steak and potatoes only husband.

Rick’s menu and service style incorporate table side service. Service captains prepare a wonderful classic Caesar salad “Roman” right before your eyes (and included chicken upon request). Perfect for me with my waistline watching, however, the grilled burger with blue cheese devoured by my lunch date will be conquered next time. The signature fritas were shared, and quickly ran out, understandably so. A simple bright airy open atmosphere but quiet enough for a business lunch.

If you are fortunate enought to hit Happy Hour, you will want to stay for dinner. Dinner presents some decision challenges in selection, so repeat visits are a must if you favor delicious food. Great location to treat out of towners or old friends, and the wine menu on the ipad had some familiar favorites and a solid selection of varietals.

Would love to see this on Open Table soon!

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Cypress in Walnut Creek was surprisingly good and offered a continental menu of interesting choices. A group of us stopped by Cypress on a weekday afternoon without reservations and were greatly by a friendly hostess who sat us at a lovely table. The waitress - Pia - was freindly and very attentive. The French Chicken Pot Pie was a little bland but still tastey. My husband had the prawns over linguine and really enjoyed them. Several in the group had the onion soup and enjoyed it. One of our friends had the Croque Madame and was ecstatic with her sandwich. We enjoyed several side dishes (shared) including the Macaroni and Cheese and the sauteed beets - both were very good. We were too full to try the desserts but my husband and I plan to return soon to dig in to the dinner menu and dessert menu.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I went for Sunday morning brunch at the Cypress. It was delicious! The professional staff provided flawless service in an artistic, upscale atmosphere. It was great fun.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I love this restaurant and have been there for both dinner and lunch and can recommend it highly. Great food and fantastic wine list both by the glass and by the bottle.