“Good food but overpriced.”
Review of Eleve Restaurant

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Civic Drive
Transit: The Walnut Creek BART station is just a few blocks away on Ygnacio Valley Road.
Martinez, California
“Good food but overpriced.”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I'd like to say that I loved this restaurant, however, the overall pricing made me not love it. The food was good but I could have had just as good (for what I ordered) at a local Pho restaurant for 1/2 the price. The cocktails are very overpriced, which I guess is to be expected given the location. Thankfully, my companions made the visit worthwhile!

• Visited April 2012

USA
“Wasn't that impressed”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Went here with friends, ate downstairs which I preferred over the upstairs since they had loud music playing, we had a nice table by the window. The prices were steep, the portions small, and the food marginal. 3 of us shared one bottle of wine which cost $30.00, no desserts, no coffee, two starters, one main dish, and two vegetable sides, and the bill was almost $200.00 with tip. The grilled green beans seemed to have that smoke sauce additive, and weren't really grilled just steamed with the sauce on top, the spring rolls were supposed to have shrimp in them, but only one piece had one shrimp inside, and the rest didn't, the carpaccio was not cut thin enough, and was over-peppered, the eggplant side was good, and so was the fish with the curry. The service was okay, but not extra-ordinary. Definitely do not plan to go back, however maybe we were just there on an off night because many of the other reviewers rave about this place.

• Visited February 2012
Walnut Creek
“Nice place, good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Another really good place that has opened in Walnut Creek, It was some wonderful cocktails and we love the menu. We have been here twice. The Tuna Carpaccio is to die for and the Filet Mignon is excellent. My wife loves the Blacken Lemongrass Fish. The atmosphere here is excellent.

Visited December 2011
San Francisco, California
“Kind of pricey”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

The food is decent but nothing stands out and it seems expensive for what you get.

“Vietnam value”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I ate at this restaurant for the first time last weekend. The food is pricey,but pretty good. My dinner guests and I really enjoyed the blackened fish and garlic noodles, the chocolate dessert was outstanding. I only wish there was more!
The restaurant appeared to be pretty full. Most of the crowd were over 30 in age. We sat near the bar and had a good view of everything happening.