“A Great Organization”

All-Outdoors California Whitewater Rafting - Day Trips
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Walnut Creek
More attraction details
Owner description: All-Outdoors is one California's few original outfitters with over 50 years of experience guiding guests down 10 of Northern and Central California's best rivers. We offer white water rafting trips near the San Francisco Bay Area. Each 1, 2, 3, or 4-Day river trip is led by our crew of professional guides devoted to making your trip safe, fun, and memorable. Please note that rafting trips do not meet or take place in Walnut Creek; refer to our website for location information for each river we run. Whether your group size is large or small, family or friends, a bachelor party, corporate group, or if you desire a private trip -- we're here to give you an adventure like no other. Choose from springtime classics like the Kaweah, Merced and North Fork Stanislaus, an overnight trip in a wilderness canyon on the Tuolumne or Middle Fork American, summer fun on the South Fork American, or a thrilling adventure on the Class V Cherry Creek.This is only a sample of the trips we offer, so check us out online or give us a call for more info. We hope to see you on the river!
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I've been rafting with All Outdoors for at least 10 years and never had anything resembling a bad experience. Everything about this company is top notched starting with the folks who answer the phones. They know how to help everyone have a good time and appreciate all aspects of the river while making safety the top priority it deserves.

1  Thank winemaker31

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Friendly staff, well maintained equipment, and good facilities makes for a great trip. American River is a very good intermediate rafting trip for all. Great scenery and an excellent riverside lunch compliment the quality of All Outdoors.

1  Thank Jack W
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I wanted to take my 10 yr old son rafting and make sure he'd love it-- as I do. I have big plans that eventually we'll be able to do class V rafting trips together, so it was really important to me that he get how thrilling and awesome it can be, while still feeling totally safe. My son is a daredevil-- but also a fraidy-cat, with a mind that catalogues all the possible ways a person can be injured or killed. (He just learned to ride a bike.) I did a boat-load of research before I decided on this outfitter, and I'm super happy. It was completely perfect. Our guide, Jason, was gentle, calm, totally reassuring-- and tons of fun. Because my son felt totally safe, he was able to jump in and out of the raft, and Jason kept a close eye on him which was very reassuring. My son had an excellent first time experience: really safe-- but not boring! This strip of river-- the southern fork of the American River, is also perfect for first-timers. He wants to go rafting again before we head back home-- and he can't wait until he's old enough for class IV and V rapids.

I've done rafting with various kinds of outfitters, but this is definitely one of my favorites. The bathrooms are gorgeous! The lunch spread was high end (e.g., sun dried tomatoes and artichokes). You have to go to a separate place to check out the photos after your ride-- but I like that because there's no hard sell. At all. I think this operation might be smaller than some of the others, but everything -- guides, scheduling, rafting equipment, facilities, food-- is top-notch. For example, the rafts they use are a little bigger, which means people are less crowded, which means newbies who aren't paddling in sync aren't with your paddle. Much better! This place is special.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I took my family on a 1 day rafting trip down the middle fork of the American River and it was awesome. There were 2 adults and 3 youth ages 17,15& 12. Amy was our guide and she did a fantastic job helping us navigate down the rapids. Line was served at the mid point before we went down the tunnel rapid. We are already talking about another more difficult trip with all outdoors next summer. Highly recommend this company and our guide.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had a great time. Our guide was experienced, knowledgeable, and made two days of rafting fun and safe for grandma (me), son, and grandkids 8 and 12. The first day started out easy to teach everyone the basics and get us used to the raft, but winds up with several exciting class III rapids. Second day was even more exciting. Guides provided simple and tasty meals. Restroom and shower facilities at the car park were clean and in good condition. The only less than perfect part was an unexpected group of 150+ other people at Lotus campground. Still AO has a good spot on the edge, close to the river. Although crowded, people in the campground quieted down at 10pm and the restrooms were clean.