“Not great”

Ranked #22 of 292 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Los Angeles, California
“Not great”
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

It's sad when a franchise doesn't deliver consistently. My other experience had me going back again and again for gourmet burgers and fries and great service, This location is a disappointment! Sad presentation, lower quality food. Salad was lackluster, burger tasteless meat, buns sad. Skip this unless you want subpar for your money.

Walnut Creek
“Excellent value and great food”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have frequently patronized The Counter in Walnut Creek since they first opened. Their location is convenient for patrons of the arts, like me, who attend theater and musical at the Lesher Center for the Performing Arts. Free off street parking is available.
The ambient noise level is a problem when they get busy. During warm weather, eating outside is a good option.
I like these aspects of their menu:
- they offer a choice on the AMOUNT OF MEAT provided. One doesn't have to pay for something so large, one couldn't finish it.
- it is possible to order a burger with different types of salad instead of on a bun.
- their "TRIO" side plate of sweet potato fries, regular fries and fried onion rings.
For desert lovers, I think they serve THE BEST key lime pie I have ever tasted.
With only one exception in the years I have been going to the Counter, the food and service have been excellent. The restaurant does not accept reservations and the one night we had trouble with service was when they were slammed with many patrons trying to dine before 8pm. The quality of the meal, however, did not suffer.

• Visited November 2012
5 Thank BillyTraveler
bay area, CA
“Hit or miss service”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This visit after a year's hiatus was a hit. Once we switched waiters, he was spot on and accomodated our request for rush service for part of our gathering (who had to leave early).

Food was exceptional this visit, everything fresh, hot as it should be, and nothing missing. Even though we took up 4 tables (9 of us), they did not rush us through dessert so kids enjoyed the experience.

If their waitstaff and service was more consistent, as it was this past Saturday evening, we would not hesitate to return more frequently to justify the price (average $9 for a custom burger - which is more than double the cost of 5Guys and they don't limit the # of toppings you pick). They do not take reservations, Parking on street is also hit or miss.

• Visited November 2012
San Francisco
“so disappointed”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Sad presentation, served cold .. vastly different from other locations. Tried the ham and grilled cheese, bread was great, but cheese wasn't hot enough.. only that on a plate, just looked lack luster.. salad was ordered and wasn't asked which kind of greens, and it was just greens, nothing else... would have been much nice presented on the side of the sandwich. If it would have been described to me as plain greens, I would have had the option to get different greens or add some vegetables.

• Visited October 2012
Antioch, California
“Not enough food for the hefty price”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

In my opinion they do not give enough food for the expensive price they charge. However there slider burger is good

Visited June 2012