First...I am not a hotel snob. All I want is a clean, quiet place to sleep. This place was neither. The city of Walnut was lovely, and exceeded our expectations. They hosted a wonderful PONY League World Series baseball tournament, and it is very sad that this hotel represents what seems like a great city.
What was good about the hotel: the TV had a lot of channels, but you could barely hear them over the loud hum of the outdated air conditioner that was probably covered in mold spores because we are all now sick with cold/sinus symptoms. And free wifi. Yeah, that's it.
What sucked: Pretty much everything else!
1) We were here for a baseball tournament, and expected other teams to be staying here as well. Our team had our boys tucked into bed and quiet by 9:00 each night. Other teams were running around the halls, screaming in the pool/hot tub, banging on walls until all hours of the night, and early in the morning. Even when I checked in, I could barely hear the front desk attendant because the parents were yelling and partying in the lobby. Myself and other parents from our team complained day and night about the noise, and nothing was ever done. It was like the front desk staff was afraid of confronting these parents.
2) The 1980's called and they want their peeling wallpaper and dingy carpet and bedding back! Please remodel! This place is disgusting. I am only 5'5'' and I could barely fit under the shower head. I saw a piece of bacon in the hallway on Thursday when we arrived, and it was still there the following Monday when we checked out. My 9 year old son was even constantly pointing out nasty stuff like the dirty windows, trashy elevators, and water stains on the ceiling. Sick!
3) You expect to at least feel safe in a place like this, but I continually found the exterior door propped open so anyone can enter at anytime. Also, I'm not sure of what the marijuana laws are in CA these days, but I do not need my young children smelling it in the hallways everyday. This place is not safe!!!
4) When I checked out, I was not asked about our stay, I wasn't thanked, only asked if I wanted a receipt. It doesn't take a high priced hotel to do the simple things.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Walnut reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Walnut Hotel Walnut
- Quality Inn And Suites Walnut
- Quality Inn Walnut
- Walnut Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Hotel Walnut