“Absolutely NO Quality in this Inn!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Walnut

Quality Inn & Suites Walnut
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Walnut
Phoenix, Arizona
“Absolutely NO Quality in this Inn!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

First...I am not a hotel snob. All I want is a clean, quiet place to sleep. This place was neither. The city of Walnut was lovely, and exceeded our expectations. They hosted a wonderful PONY League World Series baseball tournament, and it is very sad that this hotel represents what seems like a great city.

What was good about the hotel: the TV had a lot of channels, but you could barely hear them over the loud hum of the outdated air conditioner that was probably covered in mold spores because we are all now sick with cold/sinus symptoms. And free wifi. Yeah, that's it.

What sucked: Pretty much everything else!
1) We were here for a baseball tournament, and expected other teams to be staying here as well. Our team had our boys tucked into bed and quiet by 9:00 each night. Other teams were running around the halls, screaming in the pool/hot tub, banging on walls until all hours of the night, and early in the morning. Even when I checked in, I could barely hear the front desk attendant because the parents were yelling and partying in the lobby. Myself and other parents from our team complained day and night about the noise, and nothing was ever done. It was like the front desk staff was afraid of confronting these parents.

2) The 1980's called and they want their peeling wallpaper and dingy carpet and bedding back! Please remodel! This place is disgusting. I am only 5'5'' and I could barely fit under the shower head. I saw a piece of bacon in the hallway on Thursday when we arrived, and it was still there the following Monday when we checked out. My 9 year old son was even constantly pointing out nasty stuff like the dirty windows, trashy elevators, and water stains on the ceiling. Sick!

3) You expect to at least feel safe in a place like this, but I continually found the exterior door propped open so anyone can enter at anytime. Also, I'm not sure of what the marijuana laws are in CA these days, but I do not need my young children smelling it in the hallways everyday. This place is not safe!!!

4) When I checked out, I was not asked about our stay, I wasn't thanked, only asked if I wanted a receipt. It doesn't take a high priced hotel to do the simple things.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank annab55555

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I do not know what people expect from this place. Do people expect 5 star luxury resort with spa, jacuzzi, fine dining, etc, found in Sheraton or Hilton at this place? I've stayed here a couple of times, and I was satisfied with my room. Both times, I had 1 king bed. I felt it was clean, comfortable, and the bathroom with a tub, was clean too.

I do like their breakfast selection, more than other qualities, with american and asian selection. their lobby is spacious and big, and so is their dining area and tables. The only downside, is their location, meaning no shops or restaurants within walking distance. You need a car to go anywhere. If you don't have a car, then you are stuck here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jay L
Mountlake Terrace, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stay in hotels week in and week out. But this has been the worst of the year. Don't stay here for business. I'm not fussy. But when you check in on a 107 degree day in LA, it will be 2016 degrees when you finally arrive at your room with this awfuk hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
qiwalnut, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Walnut, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Hello Lizm1616,
First of all I would like to apologize for the unpleasant stay you had at our hotel. Second I would like to thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are always striving to give our guest a satisfying and pleasant stay with us.

Travelers are raving about these Walnut hotels

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This hotel always is our first choice for visiting family and friends in southern calif. Great rooms, a pool and free breakfast. Easy freeway access also. Outdoor pool is always clean and the spa is refreshing also.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
qiwalnut, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Walnut, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hello Miss Leanne Langan,

It is always a pleasure to hear a guest that had a great experience at our hotel. We appreciate your positive feed back and hope to see you soon again in the near future.
Whittier, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I really have a nice time very nice lobby easy access to pool. Room was very nice. Kitchen worker I didn't get her name but she was awesome. She was always making sure there was plenty of food for breakfast. And front desk was very helpful. I believe his name was Vincent
.oh and I loved that it was right off the freeway. All my visitors found it real easy didn't even need a GPS. Lol so thank you quality inn.

Room Tip: Had a lower lever for handicap it was great
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
qiwalnut, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Walnut, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Hi Cristina!

I'm so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time at our hotel. Thank you for your compliments and praises. We hope to see you again soon and deliver the same service you experienced and more for your next visit!
London UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

There's not much to say about this place. As a motel for a quick stay-over, it's fine (not terribly cheap though!) but I don't think you'd want to spend too long here. The customer service (unlike other reviewers) was absolutely fine.
The rooms are reasonably sized, but a little dated. The bathroom was very clean, but again would benefit from an over-haul.
Breakfast was basic- and self-service in plastic/paper plates and bowls. While normal for the US, it's not quite what a European would expect!
We walked down to Fairway Plaza past the golf course which was very pleasant.
We'd go back if we had to, but wouldn't be missing out on anything if we didn't!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hello kkqd1209,

Thank you for your time to review our hotel and give us your feed back. I'm sorry your stay was not memorable for you. We will review your comments with our staff and make sure improvements are made so we can make your next stay with us more memorable!
Corona, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

dear head of the hotel,
the front desk clerk was very rude and impolite. i think her name was mish or something close to that name. she didn't seem like she wanted to help me out and seemed very aggrevated when i was trying to book a room. she didn't seem very willing to help out and seemed like she was just being there just to pass the time and make easy money. she don't belong in the customer service and she don't belong in that hotel as a clerk; she should rather be a room cleaning maid or something that don't deal with customer service. she is way too rude to be in customer service. before she even thinks about working in customer service she needs to get her attitude in check. if you guys have her there working as a front desk clerk your bound to get that place with no customers and go out of business. please consider moving her to a different department or remove her from that position because she has an attitude problem and lack of motivation to deal with customers like me who will never try to book a room due to bad service and unwillingness to help with a friendly approach.
thank you for your time and hope you take my word into consideration.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
qiwalnut, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Walnut, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Hello Kyle K.

I would like to first apologize for your unpleasant experience with our front desk staff. I would also like to thank you for taking your time to write this review to notify the management team. We are always striving for best customer service, so we will make sure proper action is taken to ensure that we deliver the best service.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut
BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn
Ayres Suites Diamond Bar
#1 of 3 in Diamond Bar
4.5 of 5 stars 480 reviews
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda H...
#1 of 3 in Hacienda Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 102 reviews
Pacific Palms Resort
Pacific Palms Resort
#1 of 1 in City of Industry
3.5 of 5 stars 246 reviews

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Walnut? Share your experiences!