“Last minute help!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Walnut
Seattle, Washington
“Last minute help!”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I was driving from WA to PHX, and had decided late on Saturday night that I wasn't going to make all the way into AZ, used the "around me" app in my phone to call several hotels in this area. NONE were available, or weren't pet friendly.. Finally I called this Quality Inn, the gentleman on duty was very polite, took the time to give me excellent directions to the property, the room was perfect, quiet, and my little dog and I slept very well. I'm writing the review primarily to give a big "thank you" to the employee who helped out late on a Saturday night.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jenny8789
qiwalnut, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Walnut, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Always glad to help whenever there is a need. Very glad to hear that your trip was made easier with our staff's help and our service. I'd also like to thank you for dropping in and if you are ever in the area again, please come back and see us as we are always trying to improve ourselves to be better and better! We will strive to give you an experience even better than your last!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights in 2 rooms that were next to eachother, but not connected.

Check in was easy and quick. I requested a crib and it arrived promptly. The hallways are not air conditioned, and the rooms did not have their air conditioning on, so it took a while to cool down.

The refrigerator was great to keep our drinks and the baby's milk cold. The room was spacious but little things like the toilet seat being broken and the outlets being loose were kind of annoying.

The location of the hotel was convenient- right off the freeway and near Colima street where there are plenty of restaurants, grocery stores, etc. Having a complementary breakfast was great for the kids and was enough to hold us over til lunch.

We are repeat customers here and will most likely stay here again if needed.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Lisbutler
Thank you for staying with us! We are glad to hear that you had a good experience when staying at our hotel. We are always striving to improve service and quality for each guest on each stay. I'd like to invite you to revisit us as we just finished a major renovations and now have added a business center and fitness center!

Please come back and visit us soon!
Irvine, California
Reviewed October 27, 2010

I really rarely write reviews, but this Quality Inn took me by surprise and I decided to put one up for them. They had very friendly and encouraging staff that answered all of my questions about the general area as well as my needs. The room was surprisingly big. Not crammed at all in fact very spacious. I was told I got a courtesy upgrade to one of their business class rooms and it had a flat screen TV which was also unexpected. They also had automatic sensors for their lights in the bathroom and hallway! These were all things that I did not expect and got, talk about exceeding expectations. The property however is a bit on the old side, but it seems like they are trying to upgrade the place. Only complaint was that I was told the room had the golf course view, but it was covered by trees in the surrounding parking lot.

Breakfast was the general continental items: cereal, fruits, juice, etc, and they also had hot sausage and bacon. Overall a very pleasant experience here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank chinkeyez86
qiwalnut, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Walnut, responded to this review, October 28, 2010
It is nice to hear that you had a great time at our hotel. We are glad we were able to exceed your expectations. It is something that we strive to do for our guests. I welcome you to come back and try some of our bigger suites. They are much more spacious and have a unique layout! Thank you again for staying with us!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 26, 2010

The room was spacious, but there were tiny ants in the bathroom. We stayed 3 nights, came and went in the car during the day. On the last day when we packed up to leave, we noticed these tiny ants in the car. I killed ants for 1500 miles. I guess they got into the engine or somewhere in the car. Still finding ants days after getting home. Other than that, the hotel was fine. Breakfast needed to have scrambled eggs or omelets rather than just hard boiled eggs.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
qiwalnut, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Walnut, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Hello Calec,

Thank you for staying with us on your trip! I would like to first apologize for your room with the ant problem! It is unfortunate that this happened to you or any of our guest in fact. Throughout the year, the rooms are rotated and sprayed by professionals to ensure that the room is ant free! Again, I apologize that your room was not ant free upon your check in.

We've just recently added HOT bacon and sausage to our breakfast. The hot eggs may be next on the list of additional hot breakfast item, however at this time I cannot exactly say when it will be available in our breakfast. But, I can say that on your next stay with us, we will be better! Therefore, I would invite you to come stay with us again if you are ever in the area again!

Thank you for traveling with us!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed February 1, 2010

First - there is nothing 'obviously' wrong with the QI-Walnut, and the staff were vaguely helpful when help was firmly requested.

But there is nothing 'good' about this property, either. Rooms are average, and the property looks dog-eared and needs renovation. Staff are pleasant but indifferent. Location is a mixed blessing - near the freeway makes it handy to get around for appointments, but also there is some noise.

Telling details: when I check in, there was no chair at the desk in my room. Uh ...??? A chair was brought with a weak "sorry 'bout that" - I didn't seek nor need an apology, but the tone conveyed annoyance at having to come up with the chair.

The room smelled slightly musty and stale; the heater was old and even at low setting heated up the room to a near uncomfortable level.

Several metal door frames in the corridor have, over time, simply separated away from the wall where they meet the floor. Rust is evident. This is not a security risk, but looks bad.

The lobby is clean with ample copies of the USA Today for those inclined. Breakfast was ... bizarre in its minimal aspect: cold cereals, and a few donuts, and some very bad coffee. That's it. Why bother?

There were no cracked mirrors, no visibly dirty linens, or anything of that sort - but the place reeks of either no budget, or else a lack of care. The price is right, and if location is important, you won't be miserable staying here for a night on business. But for anyone on a pleasure trip, move on to another place.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
qiwalnut, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Walnut, responded to this review, February 19, 2010
Danhedonia

We appreciate the constructive criticism that you have left about your stay at our hotel. It is our goal to make every guests stay here better than they expected. It is our job to make sure all of our guests our satisfied.

Over the past couple of months we have been in the process of renovating our hotel. Many of the issues that you have stated from your stay have been corrected or are in the process of being corrected. We now have a NEW breakfast room in which we serve our NEW Hot Breakfast. It includes: Sausage, Bacon, Hot Waffles, Cereal, Oatmeal, Apples, Bannas, Danishes, Bagels, Orange and Apple Juice , Chinese Rice Soup, and many more things.

We also have put in brand new carpet and wallpaper in most of our rooms. In some of our rooms we have added Flat Screen TVs. We are doing everything we can to make our hotel to be the most comfortable and the highest value hotel possible.

For the lack of quality service from our staff I truly apologize, that is unacceptable. We pride ourselves on giving extraordinary service. I will be personally talking to our staff to make sure that we make customer service are number one priority from the top down.
San Diego
Reviewed August 1, 2008

I travel continuously on Southern California. I have stay in Quality inn in walnut about 7 times. Let me tell you this Quality inn in walnut is a dump. In my 8 year of traveling on business this is the first time a classify a hotel as a dump. I don’t know what the previous reviewer was smoking when he said that this hotel is one of the nicest hotels he stay inn... Yeahh Right...... I bet this is the manager or the staff trying to pump up the reviews.. Or the reviewer stay on caves. Let me tell you about my experience there 7 out of 7 times I stay in Quality inn Walnut , there something that dont not work in the rooms. Internet not working, phone, lights, fridge, ext..... what really sucks is the beds very old. 5 out 7 times that sleep on theirs beds I end up in a sink hole. It seems that most of the staff there are young people and they don’t seem to care about their jobs. One time I requested for the person who check me inn to bump up the hotel rate( from 76 to 110 ) to get extra points since the company pays for the hotel. That was a mistake this young buck started to give me and attitude, for a minute there I though I was asking to date his girl friend or something to that effect? I did left a note to the manager and I never got a reply back.
This place is a dump avoid it, now if you want to try great hotel just travel a few miles north and check out comfort inn in the city of El Monte, Wowwwww
Fairly new hotel, great staff, beautiful rooms... cleans......

NO I don’t work for them... I just travel all over southern California... on a weekly basis... I am just trying to save you some frustrations..

Good luck

• Liked — Nothing to like
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ricanmen
qiwalnut, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Walnut, responded to this review, December 26, 2008
We appreciate thay you chose to stay with us and we sincerly apologize that we did not meet your standards and expectations. We would like to welcome you back to our hotel and we would like to show you that we are a better hotel than what you experienced with your stay. We are constantly improving our rooms for our guests.

Again I sincerley apologize for the inconvenience we caused you and your family.

Thanks
California
Reviewed April 19, 2008

We actually used this hotel with Choice points we'd earned by staying at Choice brand hotels. Most of the time I have found Choice brand average if that but this place was by far the nicest of any in their chain. Clean, clean, clean and the room was LARGE and BEAUTIFUL. The surrounding area is just so so and you do need to drive to go eat but there are LOTS of nice places within a couple miles. The free breakfast was a plus and it was not too far from the racetrack for the Nascar race. I would stay again even if it wasn't a freebee for me. Also I don't remember it being pink in color as someone else stated....it was beige.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
qiwalnut, Guest Service Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Walnut, responded to this review, January 15, 2009
We are glad that you enjoyed your time here. Please come back to stay with us again when you are in the area. We are also close to the Pomona Fairplex where they run Hot Rods every year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut
Best Western Plus Executive Inn
Comfort Suites Near Industry Hills Expo Center
Ayres Suites Diamond Bar
Ayres Suites Diamond Bar
#1 of 3 in Diamond Bar

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Walnut? Share your experiences!