“A little overpriced but great location!”

Ibis Sydney Olympic Park
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here while attending a concert at the nearby arena. We found the place to be a bit overpriced for what you get room wise but the location was perfect. It's very close to a multitude of restaurants and within easy walking distance if you're attending an event at allphones arena. Check in was a little bumpy though as we arrived early. We had gotten off a 20 hour flight from Canada and were told our room would be ready in about 40 minutes so to stick around. We came back 40 minutes later and were told it would be ready in 20 minutes after that and to stay close. 20 minutes later they said it would still be another 30 minutes due to plumbing issues. I asked if there were any other rooms available thinking it was a stupid question because why wouldn't they have given us another room if it was - but turns out there was another room and they checked us in soon after. Despite this the staff was pleasant and we had a good stay. Also beware they did have something going on at 7 am outside the hotel with a loud announcer on a microphone that went on for quite a while but I think you would have been able to hear this from any of the three hotels that are in the same location.

I would recommend this hotel for those attending an event close-by if you can deal with the price!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Accor_Hotels_SOP, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Sydney Olympic Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Jodenator,
Thank you for choosing Ibis Sydney Olympic Park for your stay whilst attending a concert at the Park and for taking the time to share your experience online. We are pleased to read that the ‘location was perfect’, however disappointed to read about the delay in an early check-in. Check-in is at 2pm, we make every effort to check our guests in early if the room is available. We regret that we were unable to accommodate on this occasion.
Thank you again for letting us know about your stay.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We enjoyed one night right next to the Olympic Village. The staff were helpful and services good.

Don't be put off by the dark and dingy hallways, our room was excellent. The bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in, and the bathroom sparkling clean! A good view from the window towards the Olympic stadium.

We got a well-discounted rate so excellent value, although perhaps not if you have to pay full price.

Breakfast was $1 and very good!

Room Tip: If you are travelling to/from the airport, you may want to use the train. There is a station very c...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear DF,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis Sydney Olympic Park. It is very pleasing to read to that all your expectations have been met and your stay with us was thoroughly enjoyed.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Attended a conference and was impressed with the service, views, rooms and friendly yet professional approach.Staff were great. As it is a conference location I did have to ask about tourist and train services, and they were helpful with entertainment options and directions.
I recommend you use a local airport driver service or train as a taxi can cost $120 in peek traffic. It is a soundproof facility as there was no noise from two major games of football whilst I was staying there at the ANZ stadium on the doorstep.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Accor_Hotels_SOP, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Sydney Olympic Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Kubler,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at Ibis Sydney Olympic Park. It was a pleasure to read that you were ‘impressed with the service, views, rooms and friendly yet professional approach’.
We will be sure to pass on this feedback; our team will be thrilled to hear about your appreciation of the service that they take pride in so much.
Thank you for your positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Recently stayed at Ibis Sydney Olympic Park for the Black Sabbath Concert. We found our room spacious, clean, quiet and well appointed. The staff couldn't have been more helpful from arrival to checkout. They were friendly and well mannered and well presented.
The Continental Breakfast the following morning after one of the most comfortable nights I've ever spent in a motel, was lovely. I had eggs cooked especially just the way I liked them and they were perfect.
My husband and I had a great weekend away at the hotel and I will definitely be booking them again for Bon Jovi, as we come from the NSW Central Coast. We wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mel63p,
Thank you very much for such a wonderful review; we appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis Sydney Olympic Park.
We were delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel, especially the service you received from our friendly team.
We look forward to you returning for the Bon Jovi concert; please feel free to contact me directly at guestrelationssop@accor.com when you choose to return.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed on a Friday night to go to ANZ Stadium. Location excellent. Ibis shares location with Novotel including reception, bar and restaurant. Rooms are small but well maintained. Comfortable beds. I was most surprised that the bar served drinks in plastic cups later in the evening. This most unacceptable for a four star hotel towards its guests.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Accor_Hotels_SOP, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Sydney Olympic Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Anthonyrs,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to read you found our ‘Location excellent’ and the room ‘well maintained’. The entire hotel was recently fitted with brand new Ibis Sweet beds; we are pleased to read you found the new beds ‘comfortable’. Please note, on event days the bar serves beverages in plastic cups to guests that are drinking on the balcony due to the safety of the guests below. I sincerely apologise that you were served in a plastic cups if you were not a guest utilising the outdoor balcony.
Thank you again for letting us know about your recent stay at Ibis Sydney Olympic Park, we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stay here often on business as I am a country lad who likes peace & quiet & unless there is a large event on this place is very peaceful after business hours.

The wheelchair friendly room works a treat & would present no issues that I could think of for teh most disabled traveller.

Room service menu is OK but not great & a little expensive. There is a Maccas downstairs & a handful of decent restaurants within walking or rolling distance.

Room rates really vary a lot from really reasonable to just too expensive (probably linked to events that are on at Olympic Park).

The surrounding area is also great to take a stroll or a roll with acres of parklands & paved foot/wheel paths.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear CrippAdvisor,
Thank you for your being a loyal guest and continuing to stay with us. We very much appreciate your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at Ibis Sydney Olympic Park.
It would be my pleasure to ensure that you are allocated one of our accessible rooms, if it is not required by a guest with additional access needs. Please feel free to contact me at guestrelationssop@accor.com when you return so I can arrange this for you.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The room I had was quite nice, very clean and breakfast was excellent. This is a very convienient hotel if you are attending any events at Olympic Park and a good central place to stay out of the city if you are holidaying and seeing the Sydney/Blue Mountain sites. Even though there was a large concert on at ANZ stadium I wasn't bothered by too much noise, my room was above "The Brewery" so there was a bit of noise early evening from there.
Downside to my stay was that my room had been double booked so I had three men coming into my room at 11.45pm, fortunately I wasn't asleep and they were very good about going back to reception to get another room but the hotel still hadn't fixed the problem when I went to breakfast the next morning, it was only after I went to reception to make sure I had the room for the second night that it was fixed, I had a feeling when checking in that the person behond the counter wasn't sure of what they were doing but you have to trust their system .
Average value for money but probably OK for Sydney prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north side about half way along and on the 3rd or 4th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Accor_Hotels_SOP, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Sydney Olympic Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear ToptravellerLismore,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Ibis Sydney Olympic Park. We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed the ‘very clean’ room, convenient location and ‘excellent’ breakfast.
We would like to extend our most sincere apologies for the error made in by our team in sending other guests to your occupied room. There is no excuse for this oversight. This is not normal practice in our hotel and truly regret and apologise for any inconvenience caused by our actions. Please be assured that this will be addressed immediately with the Front Office Manager.
Thank you again; we appreciate your feedback as we continually strive to improve our service and facilities.
Jill Murr
Quality & Guest Relations Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney Olympic Park
0 mi away
Novotel Sydney Olympic Park
Novotel Sydney Olympic Park
#2 of 4 in Sydney Olympic Park
Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park Hotel
Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park ...
#4 of 4 in Sydney Olympic Park
Mercure Sydney Parramatta
Rydges Parramatta
Rydges Parramatta
#3 of 4 in Rosehill

Been to Ibis Sydney Olympic Park? Share your experiences!