All reviews small fridge convenience store attending an event would stay again short stay sporting events stadium venue
Selected filters
Reviewed March 26, 2019

The hotel is need of a refurb badly. Air conditioner was noisy and faulty. The refrigerator was so loud it was impossible to sleep. Avoid this property and stay at one of the newer or better properties at Olympic Park. This was a nice place years ago but needs a refurb urgently now.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed March 18, 2019 via mobile

I was booked here and wasn’t sure of what to expect - staff at the front desk were friendly and efficient. I got to me room - yep they are not big and they are budget - the carpet was stained and the window was dirty - the toilet was clean and the shower that is in the open of the room was also clean. The bed was comfy. I thought the room would be noisy from the hallway but it was surprisingly quiet. Consider this location if it is only for a night .

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2019

As a frequent stayer, I am reasonably happy. This time I was given room 618. It smelt terrible, like sewerage and cleaning. Given 518 for which was very clean.
It appeared to me that the reception knew the room stunk, giving me another room without surprise.
I knocked some coffee on my sheets, pillow area, the sheets were changed with no fuss. Great service, clean rooms. Remember to allow for $20 a night parking whereby most suburban hotels it is free.
Not an Ibis fault, but when I re-booked on internet, I was unknowingly redirected to a US site. This cost me an admin fee of over $40 bucks. It took a lot of proving to to reception that I actually had a booking. Beware.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

This place had amazing and helpful staff. We found out when we arrived for the Eminem concert that we had booked for March instead of February So they found the impossible - a room in Sydney on the same night as Eminem! And fixed up our mixed up booking for us

As others have said, this is budget accomodation so it is a small room with enclosed toilet and incorporated bathroom with a privacy curtain. The furnishings were plain however our room was clean and fine for a place to sleep. The air conditioning was working properly and that was fine as it was the reason the room hadn’t been booked!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
IBSOP_GM, Manager at Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2019

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis budget Sydney Olympic Park.

It is always a pleasure to receive a feedback. I am glad that we could fix up your mixed up booking. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be more pleasant than the previous one.

Babu Basnet
Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as a last minute decision. I got a fair price for a walk up ($95 plus $20 for a parking space) but you get what you pay for.

What you get:
A micro room (12sqm - between a third and a half the size of a “normal” hotel room)
Bed

Chair/desk
Phone, safe, bible etc
Room service
Space

Room was tidy and fairly clean. Mattress had some stains that showed through the sheets (no mattress protector).

There is a laundry room open 7am-10pm where you can iron your clothes if you dare use the (terribly grubby) iron. There’s also a vending machine for snack food and toiletries.

Check in staff was helpful.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short;please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Babu Basnet