We have stayed at the Pullman a couple of times when there has been an event on at Homebush. Unlike the city there are only a couple of hotels in the area so there is no real competition for facilities i.e. their pool and gym is in the aquatic centre across the road. Makes perfect financial sense but If this is supposed to be a 5 star hotel I would like a pool !!! Once you accept that this is Homebush though then it is a case of “suck it up princess”.
When we booked in we got an upgrade to a nice room with fantastic views. Always happy with an upgrade. On the down side it must not have been a regularly used room as when we entered it smelled musty and the bathroom mirror had a big smudge across it. Just turned on the A/C and cleaned the mirror and all was good.
The rooms were nicely appointed (TV remote sensor broken), the King bed was comfortable and the views were fantastic. The only issue was the bath was a little on the small side – no pool, small bath. As I have a bad back I would like to soak somewhere on premises?
The carpark is underground and is shared with the Novatel. Don’t leave it too late to park or you will miss out. Saying that though our room came with parking and we had to go out. On return there was no parking. We took this up with reception and there was no issue – valet parking was thrown in. Expertly handled by reception.
The only real issue I have had in the past staying there was when someone came in the front door while I was in the bath (if you have the bathroom door open if faces the front door). On complaining to reception no one followed up with us and on asking in the morning no one knew anything about it - so I do not know if it was housekeeping or if we were about to be robbed?
Front desk was efficient and friendly and breakfast was very nice. The waiter (who needs some deodorant) has to be the friendliest and most professional guy. We have been there a handful of times and I remember him but with all the people he sees there is no way he can remember me. He greets you like an old respected business partner and when you leave he shakes your hand and sincerely looks forward to seeing you again. Great value and respect for his profession.
Overall, a very comfortable stay if one needs to be in Olympic Park. But please note that this is not a 5 star city establishment with enormous competition around so do not expect the same attention to detail as you would in the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pullman at Sydney Olympic Park is a new and unique 5 star hotel, which offers 212 rooms, meeting rooms for up to 220 people and wireless internet in all areas. The Pullman is a short walk from major sports, concert and exhibition venues and within easy reach of the Parramatta, Rhodes and North Ryde business districts. 24 hour fitness centre and Executive Lounge make the hotel the ideal place for work, rest and play. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Accorhotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Pullman at Sydney Olympic Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman At Sydney Olympic Park Hotel Homebush
- Pullman Hotel Homebush
- Pullman Sydney Olympic Park