“5 star service”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Vista
San Francisco
“5 star service”
Reviewed September 30, 2009

It’s in a great location not far from Restaurants. We loved the room, and the staff. I would recommend staying at this hotel to all travelers visiting the San Diego area.
The layout and the amenities in the room were terrific and lend themselves to a good environment.

We will more than likely return to the America's Best Value Inn, Vista, Ca when in the area. My husband and I both would definitely recommend it to friends.

Thank You Pam for all the running around you did for us during our stay you are very nice and very hospitable!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Jose
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Good stay. The rooms were impressive and spacious. Pam the front desk clerk was very nice and efficient in check-in protocol and the breakfast was good, we stayed 1 night but wished it could have been longer. My friends and I highly recommend.

Matthew A.
San Jose, Ca

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Lakewood, California
Reviewed September 12, 2009

After reading all the great reviews here, I have to say that I was a little disappointed in our stay. My husband and I and our two kids checked in at around 6pm on Sat. Sept. 5th. The lady that checked us in (she said her name was Chris) was extemely nice and totally went out of her way to include my kids in the check in process.
The room was very clean and so was the bathroom. Both comforters however had cigarette burns on them, one burned all the way through. The sheets on one of the beds had stains that were large drops of who knows what, and just looked really bad and we didn't feel comfortable sleeping on them, so we called and asked for a new set. Problem was, the check-in girl working there apparently was the only one there so I had to changed them myself and remake the bed, and after a long hot day at the Wild Animal Park, I was really looking forward to just showering and relaxing and watching the kids in the pool. The new set of sheets she brought looked very worn and old and had some holes in them, but at least it only had what appeared to be an ink stain and they smelled clean. The fridge worked great, we did not try the microwave. We slept well on the beds and the AC worked great.
The pool was fine but make sure you bring your own towels! Apparently there is a towel shortage there! We did manage to get some for the pool after a little while. By the way, we had to ask for two additional bath towels because there were only two in our bathroom even though we booked it for 4 people, and we were also told that they had to make sure there would be enough for all the guests before we got the other two. The pool is open till 10 but the pool area was poorly lit and there was no lighting in the pool.
We tried to eat breakfast there the next morning which was served from 6-10 I believe. We did not get there until 9:30ish and the tiny little breakfast room was so cramped even with only a half a dozen people in there. There was one lady making belgian waffles and it seemed like it was going to take forever to get some, and it seemed unorganized as to who would be next, so we just went to IHOP.
Overall I was disappointed as it seemed like we got a typical Motel 6 but paid a bit more. It was quiet there though and I didn't see any weirdos hanging around.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Boulder
Reviewed September 9, 2009

My wife and I spent 2 nights at the America's Best Value Inn and Suites in Vista, Ca., as far as we are concerned this is a five star iconic motel, synonymous with style and elegance along with a staff to match, we dealt mainly with the front desk clerk Pam who was very attentive to our needs and made sure that we had everything that we needed. Thanks to Pam we had a wonderful 2 day stay! We will be back for future stays when in the area. Sincerely, Robert Arnell Boulder, CO

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Maine
Reviewed August 14, 2009

I spent a 7 night stay at the America's Best Value Inn and Suites while visiting southern California and had a wonderful time.

The front desk gal Pam Taylor took very good care of me by making sure I had everything I needed as well as the other staff members! It's an experience that I will not soon forget. I highly recommend this motel to anyone traveling in the area, it is an experience that you won't soon forget for a long time to come.

I will definately be back for future stays when in the area.

Julie M.
Maine

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
so cal
Reviewed August 3, 2009

grab bars not even close to the toilet for a female to transfer from chair to stool. Otherwise, nice room but could use coffeemaker in room and a bit more thought into wheelchair accessibility in the bathroom.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Monterey, ca
Reviewed July 9, 2009

This was our first time vacationing in San Diego and we were on a budget. When I booked online I expected a low budget room for what I paid. I was so impressed with everything! The room was huge, clean and nicely decorated.CRISTINA was a jewel, very helpful and extremely professional. Will always come here first, you have to see it to believe it!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
Vista Inn
Courtyard San Diego Oceanside
Franciscan Inn Motel
Franciscan Inn Motel
#3 of 9 in Vista

Been to Motel 6 Vista? Share your experiences!