We made the mistake of not making reservations and found all good hotels in Oceanside/Carlsbad were booked. The lower priced hotels were too small, old or smelly. We headed east and found the Best Value Inn at the Mar Vista Dr exit on Hwy 78.
The 2 storey motel is in a quiet location just off the highway and has good sized rooms that were very clean and odor free.
Everything is step below Super 8: cheaper soap, thinner towels and less expensive but nice furnishings. The beds were comfortable but the pillows were flat. The room had a fridge (not plugged in, maybe saving on electricity?) a microwave and cable TV (with a good channel lineup).
The hotel has a pool in the parking lot but we arrived too late to use it.
A major shopping center (Target, Old Navy) and restaurants are located at the next exit.
This hotel has Best Value's lowest ranking ("meets minimum standards").
Based on my experience I would stay at this Best Value again but only as an inexpensive overnight stop on a road trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Motel 6 Vista is conveniently located off of SR 78 and Mar Vista Dr. Restaurants and shops are nearby. Visit California's vineyards and wineries, or play golf within 5 miles. The beach is only 7 miles. Enjoy our outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Motel-6, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Motel 6 Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites
- Americas Best Value Hotel Vista
- Americas Best Value Inn Vista