“Should be at capacity all the time, but it's not!”
Review of Motel 6 Vista

Motel 6 Vista
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Vista
Reviewed May 1, 2009

I stayed here twice in April '09 on business trips to the area. This hotel should be full every day of the year and I can't understand why it's not. The rooms are enormous for the rates, and the rates themselves are very, very good. For slightly more than the typical budget hotel you get a MUCH larger room that's very nicely appointed. The property is also in a very good location. It's right off Hwy 78, but atop a hill with little around it and so it's very quiet; there's very little freeway noise.

The staff here are great, too. Very friendly, welcoming, and helpful. You'll even find "Thank You" notes from past guests taped up in the lobby. How often does that happen?

Great place -- I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank SFBluesFan
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Vista

Reviewed April 13, 2009

I stay at this hotel every few months because I go to Vista to visit someone in the area. The front desk clerk, Cristina Rae, is always extremely helpful and accommodating, frequently offering helpful suggestions or inquiring if the guests have any other needs. The hotel rooms are clean and nicely appointed and the rates are reasonable. There is a free, continental breakfast included. There is also a very nice swimming pool which I have used. The hotel is very convenient to a freeway offramp, yet is in a quiet, residential neighborhood. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Vista/Carlsbad area.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2009

The rooms are really nice. Why is this rated a 2-star hotel? If you asked me I would rate it up in the 4-star range. I really liked that they put an investment in better quality rooms. Lots of extra space and mirrors. Very nice. I originally booked one night. After actually seeing the rooms, I ended up staying 3 nights instead. I will definately stay at this hotel again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2007

Large room with refrig & microwave, good TV channel selection. WIFI was added recently {I was told) with excellent Internet access. Sure the property is old and the carpets & fixtures are not new but overall, for the area, a good value, ~ $55 per nite. Easy access to 78 - ~ 8 miles to the beach, very close to shopping. Quiet, on the hill with a nice breeze. I was surprised to find a good value. There are some real dumps in the neighborhood. I visit frequently and will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 30, 2006

This place was so dirty! The carpet had stains on it, the bathroom was filthy. The bathtub had mold as if it was never cleaned, the shower curtins also had mold. I felt lilke I had a public bathroom in my hotel room that is how dirty the bathroom was. I had to use a towel to touch everything in the bathroom. The tub also had rust stains, and I found that I was only given 1 towel even if I advised them that it was for 2 adults. The bed sheets had stains on it as well. This place was just a dump. They charged too much a Nite for a crapy room. The room smelled like windex and the refrigerator was old and stinky. I would never stay here again. It should not even be rated as a 1 star hotel, maybe a rating of Zero would be better. I also requested for 2 extra bath towels and they only gave me 2 small face towels, how incompetent. Don't stay here if you don't want to waste your money, it is a dump.

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank mona0415
A TripAdvisor Member
Glendale, AZ
Reviewed June 3, 2006

Everything check out fine. Slept well, room was clean, can't complain. Good front dest help.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Torrance, CA
Reviewed October 5, 2005

Stay their one time....room was ok...but they are thieves!!! They stole my sister's wedding ring. Beware....just keep all personal items locked in car or don't bring them at all.

• Stayed: September 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
Vista Inn
Vista Inn
#7 of 9 in Vista
TownePlace Suites San Diego Carlsbad/Vista
Courtyard San Diego Oceanside
Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside
Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad
La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista

Been to Motel 6 Vista? Share your experiences!