All reviewseasy freeway accesspriced hotelhotel staythe san diego areaoceansideconspros
Reviewed October 10, 2017

We were SUCKED in by the La Quinta commercials on TV. First issue we found is that this is an animal friendly hotel. That is OK with me, but they need to state that information in big bold letters. We arrived late and noticed someone taking their dogs into a room. As soon as we opened the door, you could smell it. We called the front desk and they informed us that they were an animal friendly hotel. They could come spray the room or change us to another room, which probably had animals anyway. My issue is that my wife is highly allergic to animals and people don't understand that it is not the smell that triggers her allergies/asthma Fortunately, her albuterol helped her breath through the night.
Second issue, the room was filthy. The baseboards in the bathroom had years of scum on them, The space between the headboard and the mattress was filthy with dust and garbage. The carpet felt "crunchy" as you walked on it (animal urine?).
The only reason I did not give it a one is because the staff was friendly and the breakfast was not bad.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Geo G
Michael P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Thanks for your feedback. It's true that all La Quinta hotels are pet friendly, I'm sorry you didn't know this before you checked in. But we do work hard to keep our rooms clean and comfortable and if your room had an unpleasant odor it should not have, I apologize that you had such an unpleasant experience. I'm sure that moving to another room would have made you more comfortable. It sounds like the room you were in was not cleaned to our standards. I hope you will consider staying with us again. If you alert us in advance of your allergies we can take extra care to put you in a room that has been deep cleaned.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

I had a great stay here last year, and was just as pleased this year. Staff is always friendly and helpful, rooms are comfortable, breakfast room is pleasant with a nice variety of breakfast items. Also, a good location, easy freeway access without the freeway noise, shopping and restaurants close by. Always good to see Lori at the front desk! Look forward tot he next visit!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your comments. We are happy you enjoy the hotel so much and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Excellent front desk employees. They couldn't be more accommodating. Room was clean and comfortable, and WiFi easily accessible. Nice sized pool. Breakfast was a disappointment. Very skimpy, with no hot eggs or sausage.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Cheryl A

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I'm sorry that you were not happy with the breakfast. Our food service license does not allow for hot items like sausage and scrambled eggs, but the restaurant next door is open 24 hours and does offer a discount to our customers. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 7, 2017

Great price, clean room, 24 hour coffee with decaf - bed was very comfortable . Late night check was a breeze. A go to hotel when I'm in that area. Almost sold out so we got a ADA room. Bathroom was huge!!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

We appreciate your business, and your review. Thank you! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

I finally had enough points to get a free night, and I'm sorry I used them here. I will stay again, simply because I have dogs and family in the area, but I don't feel like this stay was much of a reward. I requested a ground floor room (dogs) and got one on the 3rd floor. I was told there was an elevator but not in the building I was in. The refrigerator did not work. The toilet was not functioning properly. The room was not very clean (crumbs on the table) The woman who checked me in was very unfriendly and not very helpful. The one bright spot was the young woman who checked me out, very friendly and concerned. It is a good dog spot, plenty of places to walk very nearby.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Michael P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Thanks for your review, I'm very sorry that you had such an unpleasant stay. There is no excuse for the room not being clean, and I appreciate the feedback so I can make sure this doesn't happen again. I'm also sorry you were not provided a map of the property and given the correct information. We have two buildings and an elevator in each one. Our standards are much higher than what you describe and we hope you will give us another chance to win your trust in the future.