“Was involuntarily checked out by staff”

La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Vista
New Jersey, United States
“Was involuntarily checked out by staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Just getting into San Diego for work on 7/14/14 I had checked into this location. During check-in the hotel clerk went over my reservation, which was made two weeks prior to check-in, and stated "we have you here till Friday (7/18)" which was what matched my reservation. Aside from the lack of wifi reception and no wired ethernet capabilties, even though there are cards in the room stating there are, I had no issues that night.
Fast forward to after work 5pm on 7/15. I just so happened to have to go to the front desk to ask that my room be switched because of the lack of wifi I need to complete my work. I then come to find out that staff had given someone else my room they stated "I was checked out this morning and you left your luggage in the room." (I'd like to add what kind of morons find a giant suitcase in a room filled with clothes and don't double check the persons reservation for that room.) I showed them the reservation e-mail that shows that I am supposed to have the room till 7/18 then they followed up with "There are no other rooms available, sorry" Are you kidding me? What kind of INCOMPETENT EMPLOYEES do you have working at this place? Now not only do they have a hold on the entire amount of my stay but I can't get that money released to get another room somewhere else. THANKS LA QUINTA I'LL NEVER STAY AT ANOTHER LOCATION AGAIN.

Room Tip: Don't book here you may get involuntarily checked out.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

We just needed a quick place to stay on our way through town but this turned out to be a really good value. The room was clean, spacious and in pretty good condition. The free breakfast was OK and I liked parking right outside my room - easy unloading and loading of suitcases.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
vista, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

The room carpet is really bad. I had to wear shoes and walk..Its really really bad. The staff were very good. They are prompt. Check and Check out process was very fast. The only issue that I had to face is the cleanliness of the carpet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Torrance
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Room 114. Clean,TV works,bed ok, toliet works,has chairs,closet,front desk friendly(made reservation ok,got 1st floor-important),wi-fi ok.
Sticky floor inbathroom, couldn't get light by bed to work,no MSNBC on TV.
Vista is Good stop on way to San Diego frm LA.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I booked online a room with two queen size beds, refrigerator, and microwave. Upon arrival, I was told that the room was not available as requested. No refrigerator, no microwave. No spa. The front desk person was rude. The heater did not work. Worse than Motel 6.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

3 Thank Sam A

Travelers are raving about these Vista hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad
Hampton Inn San Marcos
Hampton Inn San Marcos
#2 of 5 in San Marcos
Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos

Been to La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista? Share your experiences!