“We'd go there again!”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Vista
A TripAdvisor Member
“We'd go there again!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Everything about the San Diego Vista was very good - friendly and helpful staff, large clean and well maintained rooms, and easy on/off access to CA highway 76. There was an IHOP with a 10% discount next door if you preferred that to the hotel-provided breakfast, and gas station across the street which made for easy fueling.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 20, 2012

people there were very hekpful, and printing out a map where I needed to go, helped me with the curtains, and AC, and even a discount on IHOP. not too noisy if a room, not on the street. and dog friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
West Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This was not a planned trip, but as always I made my reservations at La Quinta. I have come to trust and rely on this brand as my "go to" motel choice. My son was admitted to the Scripps Memorial Hospital in Encinatas and this was one of the closer motels (it was about 10 miles North, about 20 minutes driving time). Because of his condition and his wife's decision to spend the night at the hospital, I had to change my reservation several times and the front desk personnel were incredibly accomodating.
The king room was immaculent, the cable TV was excellent and the Wifi was the best.
I really enjoyed the continental breakfast, it was more than enough for me to start the day. I can't say enough good things about the staff at this La Quinta, they were friendly and accomodating beyond anything I have ever experienced at any motel.
What rating is beyond excellent!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank Goldwingtriker
Alamo, California
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We planned to stay here three nights a couple of weeks ago, as we were moving our daughter to the area and La Quinta seemed to have a good reputation. WOW - what a mistake --- first of all, the carpets were FILTHY -- the bedding was old and worn and the entire room and bathroom were not as clean as one would expect and to top it all, I was bitten by some bug, probably fleas in the carpet, as their pet rules seem to be a bit loose. We only stayed one night and were not even questioned as to why we were checking out early. My review -- Stay somewhere else.
Oh -- I did write to LaQuinta and they were very nice and promised to send us a voucher for one night at LaQuinta. I thought that was a nice gesture, but when I received the voucher, it was for the LaQuinta Inn, Vista! I am sending it back!

Room Tip: Look at your room first -- that way you won't be disappointed. Breakfast is included, but even...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Panushka
Monterey, California
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Okay so you're going to love this review!!! The staff was super duper friendly, and very accommodating. The room was clean, beds were comfy, but the bathtub/shower was not very clean. I happened to have some bleach with me just in case this were to happen due to having young children and having them take baths. I literally scrubbed caked on whatever it was for 30 min. and then the tub was as white as could be. The continental breakfast was good and constantly being replenished. Here's the kicker of the story...My family and I were swimming in the pool and someone's 5 year old son decided to poop in the pool. We immediately got out of the pool and the little boy's grandmother acted like it wasn't a big deal and tried scooping it out with a frisbee putting it into a plastic bag and then walked to the other end of the pool and rinsed the frisbee off. My mouth dropped open and fell to the floor. There were other people in the pool and stated OMG someone pooped in the pool but continued to swim. Least to say I saw someone get up and leave and never returned but the maintenance man came down and the pool was shut down for a couple of days. I did see a pool company truck with a man treating the water with a bunch of chemicals so I am sure that they took proper measures. All in all I would stay here again. Close to all popular destinations!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

2 Thank Nikki L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Carlsbad
Hampton Inn San Marcos
Hampton Inn San Marcos
#2 of 5 in San Marcos

Been to La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista? Share your experiences!