“Hotel is perfect example that not all La Quintas are the same.”

La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Vista
Reviewed February 10, 2008

We stayed at a La Quinta Inn Old Town an were pleasantly surprised with new everything (read my review) but this La Quinta Inn was the complete opposite.

No refrigerator nor microwave but coffee maker in bathroom.
No new comfy beds but hard uncomfortable beds.
Needs newer TV's.
Hotel is in dire need of being updated inside and out.
Lobby looks to have been updated somewhat but lacks any warmth.
Breakfast was adequate for continental. frozen waffles, fruit, yogurt, coffee, juice, bagels, cereal and toast.
No working spa
Park under windows of rooms like a motel.
It was clean but not spotless. Some grime on bathroom floors and on wall that 409 could have cleaned up.

The only positive was the free WI-fi and that it does share the parking lot with IHop and under the freeway in other direction is Panda Express, Souplantation and a few more places to eat plus Walgreen's. Across the street from Burlington coat Factory.

I would not stay again...I would choose The Hampton's Suites in San Marcos about 10 minutes away instead as it is also near many more newer eateries and nicer area.

Staff was friendly and did their job right.

Stayed: February 2008
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista

Reviewed December 27, 2007

We had stayed at La Quinta in Carlsbad before,(which is a wonderful hotel 10 miles away) and thought this would be the same- we were wrong. This hotel was $50 less a night- well there is a reason.

This seems to be an older property and our room had cigarette burns in the furniture and a leak behind the toilet which made a big puddle- thankfully we didn't slip and fall. The shower also had a leak. We were moved to another room and the toilet constantly ran. I think that they need to invest in a good plumber.

The breakfast was also a step down from the Carlsbad property- frozen waffles instead of fresh, less selection and a confusing lay out, (refrig not labeled for customer use).

The best part of the hotel is that IHOP shares a parking lot and give 10% off to La Quinta guests.

It is an ok hotel for the money.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 9, 2007

This motel is a bargain for San Diego. We stayed the week of the July 4th. We needed a hotel that allowed our Engish Bulldog. Not only did they allow the dog but didn't charge an extra fee. The hotel is in a safe location however it is NOT close to local attractions (Sea World, Beach, USS Midway etc). We spent alot of time on the freeway. The room was standard (no frig) but very clean. The staff was helpful. The breakfast buffet was okay. However the woman in charge was rude to several people. Because of it's location, we won't stay here again. However we will use other La Quinta's Hotels.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2007

This is an entirely acceptable side of the freeway motel. Rooms have nice decor, decent furniture, plenty roomy, clean, good towels, surprisingly not too loud for it's location (right next to the 78 freeway). Nothing exceptional, but nothing bad, either. FAR superior to the horrible Best Western Escondido I stayed in last week while here on business. It is rather startling to me how little of a hotel room $100 will buy here in San Diego, but for the area I reckon that this property is a good value. I will continue to look for something better for the money, but I could certainly stay here again.
As a place to rest for the night, yes. For vacation - no

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed December 29, 2006

Many times a year we vists Vista to see family and also my doctor is in the area. I am sure that we can say it has been at least 12 times in the past and each and every time we found clean rooms all the towels and soaps etc have been in the room along with coffee for the machine. the personal is polite and helpful the motel is situated near shopping and next to a very nice I Hop in case you need a place to eat that is near by. I would not want to stay anywhere else in the area, we had to one time because La Quinta was full and we would rather make our trip at a later date then to have to go somewhere else.

As a bottom line thpught, I am sure you have heard all the horror stories of bugs in some hotels, well as people who havew stayed at this hotel many many times i assure you that you will not find anything like that at this La Quinta..

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 29, 2006

La Quinta did served us well. We needed a place to stay for a family wedding in escondido. We have family in the area (Vista) but didn't want to burdon them with our presence during this hectic time. La quinta was clean and fast. the bed was a bit warn and hard. The rooms were typical and the AC worked fine. the shower was clean and equiped with what we needed. there is an IHOP on the same corner which provided a sufficient breakfast.

Overall, it was average.

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank beacho
A TripAdvisor Member
Australia
Reviewed May 10, 2006

My family and I stayed overnight at this motel in April 2006. I couldnt fault it- the staff were friednly, the room was clean and the breakfast was great. Unfortunatley the experience was ruined at the end.
We checked out and paid cash for the room. When we got back to Australia and checked our Visa card, we found we'd been charged for the room there as well. After 5 ph calls to the USA where I left my ph number everytime, and my email address 3 times, I finally spoke with the Manager who said we'd signed for paying Cr card and couldnt do anything about it. I agreed we'd signed the checkout form, but like trusting Aussies, didnt read the fine print- we just assumed it was check out procedure as we'd just handed $127 US over as payment.
The worse thing is the trainee who served us answered the ph call the first time I rang disputing the payment on the Visa, and she said she remembered us paying cash. The manager said she told him she remembered us paying on Visa.
We're now out of pocket $173 Australian - dont stay here!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad
#2 of 5 in San Marcos
Best Western Oceanside Inn
Best Western Oceanside Inn
#7 of 27 in Oceanside

Been to La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista? Share your experiences!