“"John's Neighborhood Bar & Grill" is the new restaurant at this location”
Review of John's Neighborhood Bar & Grill - CLOSED

John's Neighborhood Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We're located on the NW corner of Bobier Drive & E. Vista Way in the Mesa Vista Center. We're a little hidden (located behind the Auto Parts store) but worth the effort. We have a full restaurant and bar with plenty of seating.
Reviewed February 20, 2010

San Giorgio Lucano is no longer at this location. "John's Neighborhood Bar & Grill" is the new restaurant , opened by the owner of Curbside Cafe in Vista. I had an amazing steak dinner with salad and potato for $15. The menu was diverse with something for everyone at very reasonable prices.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

The dinners at San Gorgio's are ok. Their pizza is extroadinarly (try the pepperoni and spinach. Unforgettable. Everybody's rave!!! Adjacent to the restaurant is the bar and DJ and dance area. You can eat in there and enjoy dancing or listening to the karaoke singers. There are many fabulous singers there. Its a group of singers that have been together for years. The DJ on tuesday thru friday is Jorge. He's the best in San Diego Cty.
Lots of laughs and fun at this place, I assure lyou.
Jerry Diamond

Reviewed September 9, 2008

Incredible Italian Food! My family and I have been going there for years. The seafood Chapino is very delicious with large portions of shrimp, scallops and muscles. Pasta with the homemade arrabiata sauce is one of my favorites. Also, the best cocktails in North County..Larry the bartender packs a punch with every drink. A must for Italian food lovers.

Reviewed May 22, 2008

Wow, shame about the location. Stuck behind a Kragen is an unfortunate situation for this little gem of a restaurant. I’m not even going to say it was SOME OF the best food I’ve ever had, it is THE BEST food I’ve ever had. The head chef, Emilio, always comes out into the dining room to shake hands with guests both regular and new. He’s an extremely engaging man, and is sure to leave you with a smile on your face. The rest of the staff is always helpful and friendly and deliver a fine dining experience without the fine dining pretentiousness. If you haven’t had a chance yet to try this place out, you owe it to yourself to make a visit. It won’t be your last, I assure you.

1  Thank Turbofist911
Reviewed April 16, 2008

Absolute authentic Italian cuisine in a elegantly casual environment. Fabulous food...fabulous wine...a family favorite. The lounge attached to the restaurant is always a fun place to go if you want an even more casual dining experience. We've even gone there late night for karaoke a time or two. I'm sorry the other reviewer had a poor experience but I would urge them to give it another chance as it is hands down the best Italian food in Vista. We have narrowed our dining in this town to a few select restaurants including San Giorgio for Italian, La Paloma for Mexican and Dellz for fine dining. To get anything better you have to go towards Encinitas.

1  Thank eatinginnorthcounty