“Cambridge Restaurant and Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of John's Neighborhood Bar & Grill - CLOSED

John's Neighborhood Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: We're located on the NW corner of Bobier Drive & E. Vista Way in the Mesa Vista Center. We're a little hidden (located behind the Auto Parts store) but worth the effort. We have a full restaurant and bar with plenty of seating.
Vista, California
“Cambridge Restaurant and Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

John's neighborhood Bar and Grill is now Cambridge Restaurant & Bar. Please come by and try us. We are open at 4 PM daily

• Visited June 2014

Fort Thomas, Kentucky
“THEY ARE CLOSED, OUT OF BUSINESS”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

They are no longer in Business. We went there once for Prime Rib and it was ok, for the price, this guy owns the Cafe on main street in Vista that does a wonderful business, may have bit off more than he could handle with two restaurants.

• Visited November 2013
San Diego, California
“DO NOT GO HERE!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I am not really sure where to start but one thing I know is we will never step foot back in this place! First of all there was 1 server for the entire place including the bar. Had to wait 10 min to get anything. We ordered an appetizer and then ordered our dinners. The server brought out our salads and the 2nd bite into my boyfriends salad he found a 6inch hair! He almost lost it at the table. We called the waitress over. It took 10 min for anyone to come to our table. We told her to cancel our orders. She then brought the check for our drinks and appetizer. I was in SHOCK to say the least! I was not looking for a free meal but at least comp the appetizer. The owner came over and didn't once apologize for the hair and said "well you ate the wings so you have to pay for them." I was once again in shock! I believe in giving places a second chance when things go wrong if the owner of the place would have been apologetic and actually would have seem to care about my business I would go back. But because he was so rude I will never go back again! When you are a small neighborhood restaurant you should probably care a little more!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank sdsoftballgirl
Vista, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

A very friendly, clean, welcoming kind of place. Separate dining room from the bar/party area. You may eat in either area. No matter what you order from the menu, it is DELICIOUS! John's soups are tasty concoctions that keep bringing us back. I think they make the best fried chicken which is served on Wednesday nights(as Donna says, "No bones, no feathers). Steaks are perfection. So is their creme brulee. One of my favorites is the scallops in cream sauce. Altogether a very satisfying and pleasant evening.

• Visited May 2013
Vista, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just like their sister "Curbside Cafe", the food is amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

This place's food has a unique flavor, both traditional and unique dishes... all of which melt in your mouth! Portions will leave you with a to-go box!

Visited March 2013