“Don't go for the food”

Cuisines: Irish
San Diego, California, United States
“Don't go for the food”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We came here to eat after hanging out at Mother Earth, it was just after the name changed from Hennesseys. The food was not very good and they got more than one order wrong, the waitress looked really pissed off at us when we told her and she avoided us the rest of the time so we ended up having to ask another waitress for more water. It could have been because they were still new but we aren't planning on going back to eat to find out. It's fine if you want to grab a mixed drink or shot but I wouldn't stay very long.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank JenDaygo

Fallbrook, California
“Classic neighborhood pub”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Vista Village Pub is the perfect lunch or dinner venue. Close to the Krikorian movie theater on Main street, guests can enjoy before or after food and libations for a dinner and a movie date night. The service is always welcoming and there is plenty of outside seating for people watching.

Vista, California, United States
“Not the best I've been to”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Loved Hennesseys in Carlsbad and down by Petco Park in S.D. but this one was not a great experience. We spent an evening at Urbn pizza and the new tasting room at Mother Earth(great beers) and then came to Hennessy's. Waitress was rude at best. Maybe the waitress was just annoyed by a party of ten, but still, very bad service for as little as she ended up doing for us. She had to clean the table. She told the birthday girl to move out of the way (rudely), and didn't want to answer questions about drinks on tap, etc. I picked one she pointed to in the menu, and she tells me they don't have it! That was the whole reason I had asked her what they had... So then she comes back 5 min. later and takes the order. She forgets mine and walks away . I have to get up and go tell her what I want, no sorry or anything, just excuses of why...They also have a "smoking" patio which we were all breathing in all night. There are too many other great restaurants nearby to for me to go again to this Hennessy's.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Erica C

Been to Vista Village Pub? Share your experiences!