“Hidden gem, delicious, friendly service”
Review of Cucina Di Zucchero - CLOSED

Cucina Di Zucchero
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had dinner here last night and it was absolutely lovely from start to finish. My husband and I took his grandma here for dinner - they're both Italian with high standards...both gave the place two enthusiastic thumbs up. (I also loved it but I think their endorsement is more significant :))

We had a carafe of their house wine, the famous garlic rolls, and calamari alla cabrese - recommended by our server. It was so good, sautéed calamari with a slightly spicy, rich tomato broth. Next time I may order it as my main course.

For entrees, we all chose simple Italian basics, which we feel are the best tests of the kitchen. Nothing fancy or complicated to hide behind, you know? Spaghetti alla bolognese, spaghetti alla carbonara, and the meat ravioli. All were exceptional. My only suggestion would be to decrease portion sizes. There was enough for at least 3 people on my plate alone - ridiculous.

Service was friendly and efficient.

We're so happy to have good Italian food in the area. The only other place we've enjoyed anywhere near as much is in Huntington Beach, and we're happy to give up that drive. Cucina di Zucchero, see you again soon!

1  Thank Roxandab

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Garlic bread and bruschetta were amazing. Prices are very reasonable. Fettuccini primavera was great. Chef is great. Waitress was friendly

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Cucina Di Zucchero is one of the best kept secrets in Vista! I have visited 3 times in 2 weeks and I assure you there is nothing lacking here when it comes to authentic Italian food. They also prepare Gluten Free Entres that are excellent and very flavorful. I highly recommend this place for a special treat at very reasonable prices.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I found this place through YELP (Tripadvisor's quasi-competition), and sure am glad I did. We ordered the Bruschetta as an appetizer, Insalata della Casa, and both the Beef Lasagna plus the Chicken Lasagna with pesto. All I can say is "Delizioso!" It's not often one finds terrific Italian food in Vista, where Mexcian cuisine dominates the landscape. If you appreciate good Italian food, or miss the authentic Italian food in Northeast of America, treat yourself to an evening at Cucina Di Zucchero.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Cucina Di Zucchero is a family owned and operated business and Chef Emilio has a good reputation from previous restaurants here in North County. The atmosphere is bistro-like - not fancy but they have made it cozy enough with Italian music playing and friendly service. Yes, you can get spaghetti and meatballs but what is important to note is that Chef Emilio prepares many delicious dishes such as Farfalle Vodka al Salmone, Pollo Picata, Linguine and Clams and more. One night we enjoyed a shrimp scampi appteizer that was served with 3 very large shrimp on a bed of sauteed spinach and roasted garlc. These dishes all show high-flavor and attention to detail and you would expect to pay much more for this quality. It is definitely worth your time to stop in for a savory meal at dinner time if you are in the area.