“New hours”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New hours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

The Back Porch will have new hours starting March 15 2013, Tuesday through Friday 11 am to 8pn, Saturday 8am to 8pm and Sunday 8am to 3pm, the Back Porch will be serving dinners and beer & wine, Hope to see you here!

1 Thank oakvaleconnie

Vista, CA
“Dissapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

After reading the other reviews, my wife and I were expecting something special. Although there is a very limited lunch menu, you cannot order off the breakfast menu after 11:00 AM. We were told that they were too busy. There was one other table with three people who had already been served, and one take-out customer who had 4 take-out containers plus 4 soup containers. Most of these type of restaurants that are open only for breakfast and lunch will serve breakfast at any time. While the sandwiches were good, the French fries were not made from fresh potatoes, but were obviously prepared from frozen fries.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank JerimiahVista_CA
Long Beach, CA
“Worth the Search”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I took my grandmother to this restaurant for a pre Christmas lunch, just because I was sick of her usual requests, and I was not disappointed. This restaurant, although out of the way, and difficult to find if you don't have google maps, is worth searching out. The waitress was very friendly, and patient with my demanding grandmother. She was efficient and pleasant and the food was great. I had the club sanwich was perfect and my grandmother enjoyed the omelette special which was delicious. She reported that she loved it. The place could use some new decorations, maybe something warmer, but overall the food is great. We had a chance to talk to the friendly owner as well who was enjoyable as well. Check this place out if you live in Vista!

• Visited December 2012
Oceanside, CA
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We happened upon this place by accident and I'm glad we did. My wife, myself, and our 5 y.o. had breakfast there this morning. We arrived around 7:30am and were warmly greeted by the owner Connie. Her place has that unmistakable neighborhood feel. The atmosphere is warm, friendly, and unpretentious...just the way we like it! I ordered Chicken-fried steak and eggs, my wife had biscuits and gravy, and Connie offered to make a special small plate of scrambled eggs, bacon, and pancakes for our picky son. Everything we ordered was excellent and the gravy was especially so. Our normally picky 5 y.o. demolished his plate which was the best surprise of the morning. Service was outstanding and there was no wait. I highly encourage you to visit "The Back Porch" before it becomes too popular as I suspect it will.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank MJCarnegie
Dana Point, California
“What a great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

First visit. The food was great, the service was great. A wonderful experience. I had my new usual. Chicken Fried steak and eggs. Back Porch is my new go to place!

1 Thank Howard T