“Decent for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Vista
Southern, Calif.
“Decent for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is a very affordable place with decent amenities. There is a refrigerator and microwave in each room. There is also free wifi (something you can not get at a Hilton). The beds are not the best. We have stayed there 3 times and they have varied from comfortable to awful. The bed spreads have not been changed in a while as most have holes in them but the room is decent size and clean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank BNotes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
GLENDALE
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

After one night in the room, we canceled the rest of our nights and found a friend to stay with for the rest of our planned trip. The main reason for leaving was lack of adequate security on the doors and windows. For 2 women travelers feeling safe in a hotel room is important to us. The hotel staff did not charge us for the additional 2 nights which we canceled, so we were glad about that. I will say the room was quite large, which is great for a family. However, the luggage rack and the clothes rack were extremely rusted, and should be replaced. The wall had various stains which could be removed. Would not recommend this hotel even for the price!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank AZTraveler055
Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

made reservations on line using credit card. when we arrived person at front desk asked for cash. did not even give option of using credit card. I told them to use crdit card and they could not get it to work. they were using the old fashion way using paper then running through a machine that kept coming up duplicat transaction. while i was inside my family was sitting in the car and noticed that the ice machine was outside, A person came to get ice and there was none. Another person came to get a soda from soda machine that was sitting next to ice machine and it also did not work. Needless to say i got the heck out of there and went somewhere else. Yhx to my daughter and son in law we got another place to stay. I will never consider this place again or advise anyone to stay at this motel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Steven H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have to admit, the first glance I took at this place on Priceline, I skipped to the next motel right away. Something about the really "old fashioned" look of the room just didnt seem appealing to me. Well...running low on daylight and cash and with all the other motel prices out there raising because of Summer, I figured what the hell..and just booked my reservation. When we got there, the location was good and really convenient. The lady at the front desk was really sweet and really enjoyed engaging in small talk..not something I'm used to at these budget motels. The room itself was very clean & spacious. I cant stress to you how important cleanliness is, ESPECIALLY after being bit to death by BED BUGS at motels that I've actually paid MORE for. The bathroom isn't too big, but has been well-kept & is well-stocked. There's also a mini fridge & microwave. No coffee maker, but no biggie. Theres also a pool open til 10pm which is nice for Summer. Not digging the old country western kinda look..it looks like something my Grandma in Oklahoma would like. LoL, but overall, the room is pretty much immaculate and well worth the $49.50 I paid for a single bed (queen) room. They do hold $10 as collateral for the key & remote, but return both and be out by your 11am check out time and you should have no hassle at all. It feels good to be back home in SD after living in LA, and I'm happy to have stumbled upon this motel. I highly recommend it for travelers on a budget such as myself. 2 thumbs up! =)

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank MCfromSD1904
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is a very clean, friendly place to stay. It is in a central location. Very quiet. Easy to find. The staff were very friendly, but didn't know much about the area--like good places to eat. The didn't even know about the cafe in their parking lot. We had the queen size bed. The room was a very good size, It had a table and 2 chairs. I was surprised to see a small microwave and small-dorm style refrigerator too. We were just there for a place to sleep---We stayed a Sunday night and then went back at the end of our vacation, on Friday night. There is a Von's right across the street, also a CVS and Walgreens very close. The mattress was a little firmer than I like, but at least it was all clean. The room was a very good price. We didn't use the pool--too cold. There is not a jacuzzi. I would stay here again, if just looking for a clean, inexpensive, quiet place to sleep.

Room Tip: The queen size bed is the only one in the room. If you need 2 beds, then you get 2 double beds. Ther...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kathy c
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

The owner (female) is the sweetest ,most polite person you could possibly deal with.We arrived near midnite and she came to the outside checkin window and firstly asked would we like to see the room first.
Most people get annoyed if you ask to check the room.You can park right at the door of the room, it was clean,affordable and spacious, Perfect! The furniture is from the retro era but she made you want to stay because she has charm, grace and manners. Those qualities are non existant now a days. It was a terrific sleep and we will return every time we go to the beach in SanDiego.Lovely lady will make this motel succeed,she has the touch! Thanks Sweet Pinush!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank zhazhazha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
Motel 6 Vista
Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad
Courtyard San Diego Oceanside
TownePlace Suites San Diego Carlsbad/Vista
Harbor Inn & Suites Oceanside / San Diego

Been to Franciscan Inn Motel? Share your experiences!