“Good value and very nice rooms”

Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Vista
GreenLeadersSilver level
The Woodlands, Texas
“Good value and very nice rooms”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel one night. The rate was decent ($109) and the studio room was pretty large with a King bed. The shower and bathroom was very nice and clean.

The front desk personnel were attentive and pleasant. The internet connectivity was excellent, the HD television large. They even had the set up for practicing a multimedia presentation from your laptop if you needed in your room.

For me it was good value.

Room Tip: The only problem was getting in the parking lot if you were driving into Vista on Melrose. You'l...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Wes L, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear whiskyandgolf,

Thank you for staying with us earlier this month! I am excited to hear that our value, service, cleanliness and suite of amenities met your needs, and am delighted to be of service to a fellow Texan! Yes, our HDTV's have a plug panel that allows a guest to stream data from any device to our large 42" HDTV's such as movies, Powerpoint presentations, or you can just check your e-mail!

Thanks for the tip regarding the need to hang a u-turn on Melrose to enter the parking lot when headed northbound on Melrose.

I hope to see you again soon! I love your handle BTW!

Wes Lavender

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Little Horwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

An extremely friendly, well run, modern and clean hotel.

Free car parking, swimming pool and an easy drive to Carlsbad.

Absolutely ideal for business or pleasure - To top it all, the manager is an Arsenal soccer fan!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Moore,

I'm delighted to have met you and your family during your trip to Carlsbad this month! I hope you enjoyed the hydrofoil races in Mission Bay!

Thanks for the positive review! I hope the Gunners are ready for Swansea this weekend!

Travel safe!

Holmdel, New Jersey
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights after we visited legoland and planning to do some sightseeing in san Diego area. The check in process from Davin was quick, and accommodating All the front desk staff were very polite and always greeted us every time we go in and out. The room was very spacious and modern decors, and the hotel still looks brand new. my only complaint was my room is a adjacent room and no in room safe.

The breakfast ( hot grill sandwich ,french toast, real plate and utensil ) was better than the hampton inn and Springhill hotel's breakfast. The breakfast area needs additional seating during prime time ( 8;30- 9 ) and other hotel guests are not helping either ( This is not a full service restaurant and you need to clean up after yourself ).

The driving distance to downtown San Diego is approx 45 mins. The surrounding of the hotel are mostly commercial business/office. There is a home depot mall across street with 3 fast-food places ( pizzeria, subway, and taco place ) and one full service Greek restaurant ( close at 8pm ).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wes L, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Castle88,

Thank you for selecting our hotel to be your home base whilst exploring San Diego!

I sincerely apologize for the lack of an in-room safe. We do have safety deposit boxes available at the Gallery Host stand should you need to store valuables.

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast (I agree it is better than that of our contemporaries)! We do have times of high demand but we endeavor to keep up with the volume of guests!

We hope to see you again when you come out from New Jersey!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I go to this place because of my daughter's acting and modeling class. Normally after dropping her off, I would just leave and get breakfast somewhere. But on Sept.2,2013 I decided to stay and asked the lady at the food section if I can buy food since they have food selling in the counter? She respond back to me,that breakfast is complimentary so I don't have to pay. I assume its only for the hotel guests so I never done this before, but the thing is, I asked. So now I assume that its free for everyone visiting the hotel. We went back there Sept.15,2013 between 8:40-9AM for my daughter class and grabbed something for my kids breakfast when two spanish speaking ladies murmuring,staring at us like were some freebies and the lady introduced herself as supervisor told me that the foods are supposed to hotel guests only that stay in the hotel. I would appreciate it if she called me personally and talked to me alone, not in front of my children and the other guests beside us. It is so embarrassing. I tried to explain to her that I did not know because the last time we were there I was told its complimentary. She looked at me like I was making it up and asked me if its the manager I talked to. Well, I don't remember her name. I think they need to train their staff the right way of approaching their guests. I thought the hotel is nice, but the staff is awful. The thing is,I understand it now, but I was hoping that she called me and approached me professionally, not in front of my children and the people beside us. It's just breakfast, we could have paid if she asked us to pay. But the approach is embarrasing. I will never recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank djoana
Wes L, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear djoana,

I sincerely apologize for the miscommunication regarding our food and beverage options during your daughter's acting class held in our meeting space last Sunday. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Just to clarify, we do have food for sale through our grab-and-go case in the Bakery Café (e.g. cinnamon rolls, blueberry muffins, cupcakes, etc., and while our a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast is complimentary for those who stay in our hotel we do charge a fee for non-guests.

I will discuss your comments regarding the manner in which you were approached by our team so they can understand how to be more discrete. I can assure you that our team will improve so that situations like this do not reoccur.

Thank you again for your review, and I hope your daughter's acting class is going well! They are so cute, and it looks like they have so much fun!

San Brenardino
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I enjoyed the stay.
But missed room service. We had to pick up food at front desk no french fries.

But the breakfast made up for it. Really nice front desk. It was a pain to keep your card in for the lights I suggest you get an extra room card to solve the issue.

• Stayed September 2013
Wes L, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Bajavaga,

We are delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast during your stay with us! We can deliver food to your room, but it is based on the availability of our team to bring it. One cool thing about our food and beverage is our team don't take tips so there are no needless charges for "delivery" and awkward expectations for gratuity for a team member just doing their jobs. Also, we don't have French fries (we are looking out for your health), but we do have a plethora of other unhealthy options should you desire!

We typically do provide additional keys for the energy management system should you have multiple members in your party or want to briefly step away. I will make sure our team continues to follow through on this offer.

We hope to see you again soon!

Carlsbad, California
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I were moving from Arizona to California and spent 12 nights at this wonderful hotel while waiting to close escrow on our new home. We thought it would be a nightmare for the 2 of us to be together in one room for so long, but it turned out to be quite the opposite. Very spacious accommodations with the bedroom divided from a nice sitting area that included an adequate work space area and a bar with refrigerator and coffee maker. Nicely furnished, wonderful staff in every area of the hotel and an amazing daily buffet breakfast! For us, the highlight of our stay was meeting Patricia Dunne, Director of Sales. Pat was aware of our situation of not being able to move into our new home and went overboard to make our stay a pleasant one. With sincere thanks to Pat and all of the staff at the hotel our 12 night stay was delightful in every way!!!

Room Tip: Lots of families here during the summer months. If you are travelling on business, request a room i...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wes L, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Carol P,

Congratulations on making the weather upgrade from Arizona to sunny Southern California! We appreciate you selecting our hotel to meet your needs during your time of transition!

I will pass along your compliments to Pat and the rest of the team! They take a lot of pride in exceeding the expectations of our guests, and it's always great to hear that their efforts are appreciated!

We look forward to hosting your friends and relatives when they come to visit you!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Hyatt really did a fantastic job furnishing this hotel. The rooms were well appointed and still in crisp, new condition. I would absolutely stay in this facility again. Actually, I would even look forward to staying here again. Bonus, breakfast was served with real tableware. Nothing plastic!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank travelingfamily_12
Dear travelingfamily_12,

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed the design and contemporary furnishings and color pallet of our new hotel!

Thank you for selecting our hotel from the myriad selections in our market! I hope you enjoyed your vacation from Wisconsin!

We hope to see you again soon!

Wes Lavender
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad
TownePlace Suites San Diego Carlsbad/Vista
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County
Holiday Inn Carlsbad
Holiday Inn Carlsbad
#22 of 36 in Carlsbad
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa

Been to Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad? Share your experiences!