“This hotel made our stay just perfect”

Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Vista
GreenLeadersSilver level
Yokohama, Japan
“This hotel made our stay just perfect”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We - a family of four - stayed here for 2 nights (Dec 25 to 27) visting Legloand and Friends. Double queen room was clean, modern and spacious with additional L-shaped sofa. This room was nearly perfect ... just the plugs of the sink and bath tub need some repair. The free Internet worked well. The pool and jacuzzi were fine. Location is quiet and staff were friendly. Freshly prepared breakfast, but hard to get a seat in the morning. Luckily there were additional seats in the entertainment lounge. Overall - great value for money.

1 Thank OlafBM
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear OlafBM,

Thank you for staying with us while you visited LEGOLAND and your friends in Northern San Diego County during the recent Holiday Season!

Our double queen room with queen sized sofa pull-out is great for families! Thank you for the information regarding the drains in the bathroom. We will attend to them.

I'm delighted to hear that the location, pool/spa, breakfast and internet met your expectations. We are a great value and we hope to be your hotel of choice the next time you are in the area.

Wes Lavender

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Silverton
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here a few days as we toured around the area. The hotel was clean, rooms nicely appointed and the staff quite helpful. The complimentary breakfast was good. There really isn't a restaurant in the hotel although you can order from a limited room service menu. The hotel is located in a light business area so there isn't much to see or do if you plan to walk around. However we had a car and it is not far from the hotel to the ocean or any of the endless plazas in the area. We would definately use this hotel again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Silvertontraveller,

Thank you for choosing our hotel in your recent visit to the Carlsbad/Vista area! We are delighted that our team and accommodations met your needs!

We actually do have a 24 hour restaurant on property (the Bakery Café). We serve a variety of items including flat bread pizza, burgers, salads and sandwiches. We also have a full bar that is open from 7am to 12am. We don't provide room service, but we can make your order to go and you can bring it to your room!

We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your speedy return!

Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have to disagree with these posts. The problems encountered were endless.

1. Was put in a handicapped room? Very poor layout.
2. So many kids in this hotel that slam the doors at all hour of the night.
3. Shower head is about 4 feet high.
4. Dirty glasses, with lipstick stains on them.
5. Snail paced internet.
6. Breakfast is a total zoo. Not enough employees staffed.
7. Only 1 valet cart, took forever to get a turn.
8. WHY is the vanity in the middle of the room and not the bathroom???
9. Light in the bathroom is almost impossible to get on, and its a horrific florescent light.
10. Dirty diaper behind sofa pillow.
11. Bed and pillows way too soft.
12. Not close to legoland. In the middle of nowhere.

Room Tip: Dont get handicapped rooms!
1 Thank Jeff F
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Jeff F,

I sincerely apologize that your experience with us this month did not meet your expectations. We endeavor to exceed the needs of our guests and I can understand the issues you experienced have left you dissatisfied. I have sent you a message to discuss further how we can improve, and I look forward to speaking with you further regarding this matter.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed here for a night on route to Legloand. Double queen room. Room was perfect, free Internet worked well. Gym is basic but fine. Location is quiet and staff were friendly. Simple but adequate breakfast. Great value for money.

• Stayed December 2012
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Ramzo,

We are delighted you selected our hotel for your recent trip to LEGOLAND California! Our double queen rooms are very spacious and offer and additional bed in the form of a queen sofa sleeper from our Cozy Corner "L" shaped couch in the sitting area. I'm glad that you felt this set up met your needs.

Our 24 hour fitness center features 4 cardio pieces of equipment (2 treadmills, an elliptical and a recumbent exercise bike). Each piece of equipment has its own TV and you can listen with headphones we provide (if you have forgotten yours). We also have an adjustable weight bench with dumbbells from 5 to 50 pounds in 5 pound increments.

We hope to see you again soon!

California
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night and like it very much. The room was new and spacious, and you got almost everything you need. Plus the staff were all very nice.
But I think it's not ready for families traveling with infants. We requested a crib for our 9 month old. The crib is a playard-type bassinet, which is fine 'cause it's big enough for a baby to sleep and play in it. But the first person who brought us the crib didn't know how to use it, and they actually brought us 3 cribs in the end because the first two were sort of broken. Besides, they provided a fitted sheet but it didn't fit with the pad of the bassinet, and the blanket looked cheap. Because it was the first time we used a hotel crib, I don't know if it's normal that you shouldn't expect too much about the bedding that a hotel could provide. Anyway, I would suggest families traveling with infants bring your own bedding for the baby.
Other than this, it's a very good hotel and we would want to come back when our son grows older.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Fang H,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that your experience with our cribs did not meet your needs. We do provide cribs for our guests' use and the bedding should fit the mattress. Our management team will review your comments and take action to insure that this does not reoccur.

I'm delighted that you selected our hotel, and appreciate your desire to return. Please remember that all of our rooms have a queen sized sofa sleeper in the "L" shaped couch in the sitting area in each room.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We spent two nights here on a quick vacation from Portland Oregon. Read all the reviews previously and sounded great. And everything was just as advertised. Nice big clean new rooms. Awesome breakfast. Easy and fast Internet. Superfriendly staff. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jay J,

Thank you for staying with us this month! We hope your trip down from Portland was relaxing and the weather cooperated!

Our internet is delivered both by wi-fi and LAN (wired) and is at 50 mb/s speed so our guests experience no "buffering" while downloading content or streaming data from the computer to the TV via our smart panels.

We hope to see you again soon!

Tucson
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was very impressed with this newly opened hotel. It is modern, clean, friendly, and convenient to anywhere in North San Diego County. I was doing business in Carlsbad during my stay. I loved my room. I was impressed with my King Sized bedroom with an awesome LCD TV mount that swivels 180+ degrees. The furnishings were very modern and nice. I especially liked the large and upscale shower. I was glad that this particular room lacked a tub. I find them unnecessary. The included hot breakfast was superb including fresh fruit and berries with delicious Starbucks coffee.

From the moment I booked my reservation on the phone with Pat Gunn (Sales Director) to the time of my departure, the staff could not have been more accommodating. I met Wes Lavender the GM of the hotel and had an opportunity to meet Ms Gunn in person too! The next day, Wes said hello and remembered my name! Talk about customer care! I look forward to doing business in the area again soon. When I do, I'll be sure to book my reservation with Hyatt Place-Vista/Carlsbad again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear GetBackJoeJoe,

We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us recently! We are very proud of our new hotel and take our jobs of providing purposeful service very seriously! Our facility and amenities are tailored to meet the needs of both the corporate and leisure guest.

Thank you for your comments regarding your interactions with our team. I will pass along your comments to Pat Gunn our Director of Sales.

We hope your trip to our area was a fruitful one, and we look forward to your speedy return!

Wes Lavender
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad
TownePlace Suites San Diego Carlsbad/Vista
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach
Holiday Inn Carlsbad
Holiday Inn Carlsbad
#22 of 36 in Carlsbad
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Diego Carlsbad
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa

Been to Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad? Share your experiences!