“Loved our stay!”

Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Vista
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

The hotel staff gave us a great first impression when they let us check into our room before noon. The room was very clean, spacious, and comfortable. We enjoyed the large TV and easy access to all the inputs, built into the TV stand. The sink had lots of counter space (always a plus), and I really liked the modern look of the room. On top of all that, the breakfast was delicious! Lots of choices, and everything was very fresh. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Victoria272,

I'm so delighted to hear the positive comments regarding your experiences with our hotel! We always endeavor to say yes to our guests.

Our rooms are well appointed and a lot of thought has gone into the design to make it both attractive and functional.

We believe our a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast is one of the highlights of our guests' experience with us. We do offer a wide variety of items and all of them are fresh and of the highest quality.

We look forward to your return to see us soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Michael Wolf who works at the front desk was one of the highlights of our stay. He was always friendly and made sure we got what we needed. Awesome customer service.

As of the hotel itself, very clean and good size rooms for the cost. Location was good for our business trip but also close to other locations such as Legoland and Seaworld. I highly recommend staying at the Hyatt Place.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Lakers480,

Thank you for your comments regarding our team. I will make sure to pass along your comments to Michael. We enjoy hearing about how we exceeded the expectations of our guests, and he is very proud of finding a way to say yes to our guests!

I'm also glad to hear you were impressed with the cleanliness and value of our rooms. We hope to be your hotel of choice on your next business (or leisure) trip!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hyatt Place in Carlsbad. This hotel is new (opened July 2012), very clean and quiet. The rooms are large. The beds are very comfortable. You should have a good night's sleep. Fast, accessible WiFi. The staff is great. I will return to the Hyatt Place in Carlsbad.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Traveld9,

We are delighted to hear we met your expectations during your recent stay with us!

All of our rooms have the Hyatt Grand bed in them, and they do make for a great night's sleep!

You are correct, our complimentary internet is available in wireless and wired in each of our guest rooms and we have 50 mb/s connection speed for those that want to stream movies or other data.

I will pass along your positive comments to our team! Travel safe, and thank you for your business!

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

New idea for hotels. I like the free bfast and the huge room. I will stay here again and for $78 it's a screaming deal. The check in / bar/ cafe is odd, but at least the are trying something new. Location is good. TVs are massive.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank JLewisUSA
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear JLewisUSA,

Thanks for your positive comments regarding your stay with us!

I'm delighted that our room size and complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast met your needs. Our 42" HDTV's are indeed massive, and our array of channels and movie options offer a host of options for your viewing pleasure.

Our Gallery Hosts do perform the check-in process, but they are also all cross trained as bartenders for our full bar open 7am-12am, baristas for our Starbucks coffee offerings available 24/7, and they are servers for the Bakery Cafe that serves full menu 24/7 as well.

We look forward to a return visit from you!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed in the Hyatt Place for 2days and had no problems. The lobby was clean with had a good scent all over.l The staff was friendly and accomadating. The hotel was peaceful and quiet so as the area. It was also a driving distance to shopping areas, restaurants and to mian attractions- Legoland and Sea Life. The complimentary breakfast, free parking and free internet/wi fi access was a plus. The room was clean and large enough for a family of 4. The only thing my son wished the room had was a Disney channel but over all, we were satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Rnsmpq,

Thanks for staying with us and completing this review of our new hotel!

I'm glad to hear the tranquility of the public areas and guest rooms met your needs. Our location is indeed convenient to LEGOLAND, and the next time you come out I would recommend visiting the San Diego Zoo's Safari Park located less than 30 minutes from our hotel.

Our internet access is indeed complimentary and is very fast. We have available bandwidth of 50 mb/s delivered via a fiber optic connection, and our plug and play panels in each guest room allows our guests to stream data such as movies from Netflix directly to the 42" TV in all our guest rooms without a hitch.

I hope you find time to travel down from La Mirada and visit us again!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is a great place to bring your family. The rooms are spacious with a standard room able to fit 6 sleepers. The breakfast was especially great. The pool was nothing special but the kids had fun anyhow. The staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear RonTheGreat,

I'm delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us!

You are correct our rooms with two queen beds and queen sofa sleeper will sleep 6 in comfort.

We take a lot of pride in our a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast because of its variety and fresh take on breakfast offerings with distinctive quality like steel cut oatmeal and freshly made breakfast sandwiches.

I will pass on your comments regarding the helpful attitudes of our team as well.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had booked the room for 3 adults and had requested for 2 Queen beds through expedia by paying an additional amount. To my horrow, the room had only a single Queen bed. I went to the reception to change the room and the receptionist tried to convince me that as there is a couch in the room, it is the same as having two queen beds. I could not believe what I just heard! I was ready to pick up an argument but there was no point in arguing as he said that the hotel was sold out for the night.

I ended up calling Expedia and they could not help either. Even after paying the extra amount, I ended up sleeping on the floor as I found it to be more comfortable than the couch!

Just a few things about the hotel- The hotel is new and clean but the location is not perfect. It is around 35 miles far from San Diego. The rooms are small but neat. The breakfast had a good variety but it felt like I entered into a refugee camp as it was crowded and chaotic. It is difficult to find food in the area after midnight and even though the kitchen is said to be 24/7, it is hardly functional after midnight.

I am not coming back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MaxTravelNY
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Ranjithrmenon,

I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us last month. I understand your disappointment at our inability to honor your request for a room with two queen beds. I hope the resolution we offered you met your expectations. If it did not, please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

While there are restaurants close to our hotel, you are correct, there are not many open after midnight. Our 24/7 menu is always available to guests and includes such items as flatbread pizza, hamburgers, salads, and sandwiches.

I am glad that we delighted you with the condition of the hotel and variety of breakfast items on our a.m. Kitchen Skillet.

I am disappointed that you will not return, and hope you would be willing to give us another opportunity the next time you visit the area.

Thanks again for your candor. We will utilize your comments to improve our operation.

Wes Lavender

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
TownePlace Suites San Diego Carlsbad/Vista
#23 of 37 in Carlsbad
Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carlsbad Beach
HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad

Been to Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad? Share your experiences!