“Good place for a family” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Vista
GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix
“Good place for a family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is a great place to bring your family. The rooms are spacious with a standard room able to fit 6 sleepers. The breakfast was especially great. The pool was nothing special but the kids had fun anyhow. The staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear RonTheGreat,

I'm delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us!

You are correct our rooms with two queen beds and queen sofa sleeper will sleep 6 in comfort.

We take a lot of pride in our a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast because of its variety and fresh take on breakfast offerings with distinctive quality like steel cut oatmeal and freshly made breakfast sandwiches.

I will pass on your comments regarding the helpful attitudes of our team as well.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Wes Lavender

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had booked the room for 3 adults and had requested for 2 Queen beds through expedia by paying an additional amount. To my horrow, the room had only a single Queen bed. I went to the reception to change the room and the receptionist tried to convince me that as there is a couch in the room, it is the same as having two queen beds. I could not believe what I just heard! I was ready to pick up an argument but there was no point in arguing as he said that the hotel was sold out for the night.

I ended up calling Expedia and they could not help either. Even after paying the extra amount, I ended up sleeping on the floor as I found it to be more comfortable than the couch!

Just a few things about the hotel- The hotel is new and clean but the location is not perfect. It is around 35 miles far from San Diego. The rooms are small but neat. The breakfast had a good variety but it felt like I entered into a refugee camp as it was crowded and chaotic. It is difficult to find food in the area after midnight and even though the kitchen is said to be 24/7, it is hardly functional after midnight.

I am not coming back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MaxTravelNY
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Ranjithrmenon,

I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us last month. I understand your disappointment at our inability to honor your request for a room with two queen beds. I hope the resolution we offered you met your expectations. If it did not, please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

While there are restaurants close to our hotel, you are correct, there are not many open after midnight. Our 24/7 menu is always available to guests and includes such items as flatbread pizza, hamburgers, salads, and sandwiches.

I am glad that we delighted you with the condition of the hotel and variety of breakfast items on our a.m. Kitchen Skillet.

I am disappointed that you will not return, and hope you would be willing to give us another opportunity the next time you visit the area.

Thanks again for your candor. We will utilize your comments to improve our operation.

Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Ok. This is a BRAND NEW Hyatt Place hotel, I mean its so new it's not even in half of my GPs programs. I feel very very strongly about a couple of things:1. This is NOT a Hyatt Regency, by far. It's located on a suburban street near homes and Chuck E Cheese and Target, etc. And i thought it looked ugly from the street. It's 4 stories high with no view and a small lobby. We got a room that looked on the website like it had a separate sitting area with the couch and two beds and looked very spacious, however it was not a big room by any means, definitely smaller than I'd hoped. There was no patio, and the outdoor pool was Small-ish. So I thought When we arrived that I was going to hate it, because I did, at first sight. However, and here's another strong point...**The service was EXCELLENT, **The people who worked in this hotel were SO nice, I was amazed. Every one I dealt with was far above the level of service of any 5 star resort. And I love the new way they were doing food, instead of having room service they have a 24 hour food service where you can go to the lobby and pick from a small menu and bring it up to your room. And they had cheeseburgers, sandwiches, salads, even bakery items, and this is available 24 seven. It was very convenient and came in handy at 5 AM! And then there was the breakfast ..the complimentary breakfast was fantastic ...hands-down wonderful the best waffles the best everything I loved it. Another point to make is that the beds were very comfortable, and I didn't feel like I ever waited more than a few seconds for an elevator! So to put it simply: I was very comfortable the entire time we were there. The shallow side of me didnt like the looks of it one bit, but by morning I was won over by the charm of this place, like a Freshman wallflower. :)

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank ElleWalters
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear ElleWalters,

Thanks for your thorough review of our new hotel this month!

We are excited that we delighted you with our service, 24/7 dining, and a.m. Kitchen Skillet Breakfast. We take a great deal of pride in providing excellent focused service to our guests, and I look forward to communicating your comments to our team. You are correct we are not a Hyatt Regency, but we aspire to afford our guests with the level of service and amenities that meets and exceeds the expectations of our clients!

We look forward to your speedy return!

CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Our two-night stay was exceptional from the beginning. Staff greeted us with smiles and enthusiasm as they checked us in. Very pleasant staff! We were there as vendors for the Bates Nut Farm Craft Show, in Valley Center, which they were knowledgeable about. We had a first floor room with a king-sized bed. Our room was spacious with a room divider between the bed and the sitting area. It felt more like a suite. The sitting area had a comfortable corner grouping not normally found in a hotel room. There was a corner business area as well with a refrigerator. The bathroom was large with the vanity separate from the short and toilet. Just be mindful if someone is at the vanity and another in the bathroom. The door opens into the vanity. The bed is slightly elevated with a pillow-top mattress. The 42" plasma screen swivels for viewing from either the sitting area or the bedroom portion. Indoor hallways were quiet. Business area in the lobby gave privacy from traffic paths. Breakfasts were a nice array of selections from breads, juices, yogurts, and cereals. A hot dish is available daily. Ample sitting area for breakfast.
This hotel is three months old. Pictures on the website is what you get. Overall, I would definitely stay again as well as encourage others to stay as well.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Ktelib,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us this month!. I hope your time at the Bates Nut Farm was productive! We send a lot of guests there when they request information about local events related to autumn and Halloween.

I'm delighted we met your needs with our complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast, and the layout and amenities in the rooms.

We look forward to your return soon!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Great location, near to Legoland and only 40 min drive to SeaWorld
Pool as good for kids and us
Staff super friendly and helpful
Free car parking & internet (WIFI and they have computers available)
Cooked breakfast was included

Room Tip: We had 2 x Double queen which suited us. Couch was a fold out bed as well.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Graham M
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Graham M

We appreciate your review of your recent stay with your family in our new hotel!

I'm excited to hear that our team were able to delight you.

We do offer the a.m. Kitchen Skillet Breakfast included in the room rate and it includes such items as steel cut oatmeal, hot breakfast sandwiches, and freshly baked pastries.

We hope your trip back to Australia is safe, and please come back to visit us soon!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is new and truly relaxing. The staff was great and rooms were comfortable. Might be a god location for the near business park but there is nothing close to visit or restaurants at which to eat.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank ConVivo
Dear ConVivo,

We appreciate your review of our hotel last month. I'm delighted to hear our team were able to meet your needs, and that our rooms were tranquil.

While we are centrally located between two business parks, we do have a good location relative to the attractions in northern San Diego County. We are about 6 miles from South Carlsbad State Beach, 5 miles from LEGOLAND and the Carlsbad Outlet Malls, and we are adjacent to a preserved open space with a running trail that circles the space.

We hope to see you again the next time you travel our way!

Elanora, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great sized room for a family. Extremely clean with Two queen beds plus an additional sofa that easily converted to a bed. There was an empty fridge so we were able to use that too. The shower was fantastic too!

The gym was good and there is a small but useable pool.

The breakfast is a bit chaotic, especially on the weekends. But there is a reasonable selection and as its included in the room rate, it's great value!

You definitely need a car though as its at least 5k from most things.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bew996
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear bew996,

We appreciate you completing a review of your stay with us last month. I'm glad you were delighted with our rooms as well as our 24 hour fitness center and outdoor pool.

We take great pride in our a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast, and are excited you were pleased by the selection adn quality.

We hope to see you and your family again the next time you travel from down under!

Wes Lavender
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad
TownePlace Suites San Diego Carlsbad/Vista
West Inn & Suites Carlsbad
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County
Holiday Inn Carlsbad
Holiday Inn Carlsbad
#23 of 36 in Carlsbad
Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort

Been to Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad? Share your experiences!