“Surprisingly good homemade food”

Uncle Tony's Italian Cuisine
Ranked #26 of 233 Restaurants in Vista
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sicilian family-owned and operated authentic Italian Restaurant. Specialize in pizza, pasta, sandwiches, and more. We will cater for special events. Come enjoy 14 beers on tap and our imported exclusive Italian family wines.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

A little 'hole in the wall' that is surprisingly good. The zucchini appetizer was fantastic. I would love to make this at home. Everything else was very good. My husband was not happy about the owner not acknowledging us in any way. When we left he kept talking to the people at the bar even when we said thank you/goodnight. His lovely wife cooking away.

1  Thank lisadlov

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Uncle Tony's is a little Italian hideaway in Vista. The food is fresh, light & delicious! The wines are excellent. I will be in more often.

5  Thank Sherman007
Reviewed July 19, 2012

When the promise is " Everything is made from scratch daily with only the freshest, highest quality ingredients available. ", and it is not at that Cardinal level, I consider it bait and switch. This was not the fine dining experience as implied / stated on this restaurants clever website. Uncle Tony's is overpriced and over-rated for the cut corners and lack of service, follow through quality, and setting. We went on the promise, despite mixed reviews found on other than TripAdvisor, and ordered dinner entree's as it was close by at the time. Our salad was nice, but we were very disappointed with timing, our meals / the overall, and left feeling 'ripped off'. This place is probably ok for local ' lunch specials ', or a few regular things as stated by some reviews, but we have no reason to return for this supposed high end ' authentic italian cuisine '. I suspect, certainly after our visit, that some rave and excellent reviews are being drawn in as padding and urge you to read / heed complaints, we do not recommend it. Bait and switch is minus 2 for me, always, on principle, it's why I am writing this review. Minus one for suspicion of padded reviews, as an off-set, see owner responses / obvious involvement on other review sites. Lack of staff / poor and slow service could have been because it was an off night, but who cared, certainly not the owner, so down one more because there was only a few other patrons there, no excuse. Bad deal, we were had, Restaurant Row would have been a better choice while in the area.

Antonino B, Owner at Uncle Tony's Italian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

You are using some words that are offensive to me. To say that my ingredients are not fresh is untrue. I use the highest product that is available. As a chef, I have worked at all high-end restaurants before I owned my own restaurant, and many places cut corners to make a profit but I have never done that and I always try to cook to high standards versus taking cheap shots at my customers in this manner.
I do appreciate your point on lack of service and that is true at times in the restaurant. However in the location that I am working it costs more business-wise to pay for more employees when the business fluctuates. You may have come at a time when my full staff was not available due to off times or slow business. I wish that business was constant so I could have full staff all the time.
We hope to see you soon and please do give us another chance.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I've been going to Uncle Tony's for several years now. I work nearby so I go here pretty often. The lunch specials are great. The calzones are amazing. The sandwiches are also tasty.

Like other people have stated, the service is on the slow side. It's not a good place to grab a quick bite to eat. However, I suggest you call ahead so they can get a head start on making your order if you are running short on time. Especially with the calzones.

Even their iced tea is great! This place is small but cozy. They have a little bar with about 5 stools. They have outside seating with about 3-4 tables.

Pricing has always been accurate for me.

4  Thank lindagn1
Reviewed April 6, 2012

The food here is incredible, but the owner has offered and made off-the-menu dishes and charged twice as much as anything on the menu; and additional drinks have been added to our bill. Every time we've gone we've been overcharged in some way.

Antonino B, Owner at Uncle Tony's Italian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to as "off the menu" I do have a gourmet special menu that maybe you didn't have a chance to look at.
It's sort of impossible to overcharge you for things because all of my price points are entered into my Point of Sale System and is pre-listed and priced. I can't add items to the system on the spot.
Please if you ever feel there is an error on your bill ask to speak to the owner, which is me, and I will address the situation immediately.
We like to keep our customers happy and we apologize that we couldn't handle it sooner.
Please come visit Uncle Tony's again and thanks for letting us know the problems you had. Please ask for me specifically and we can talk about it.
Uncle Tony