“Great food, but they overcharge”

Uncle Tony's Italian Cuisine
Ranked #26 of 233 Restaurants in Vista
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sicilian family-owned and operated authentic Italian Restaurant. Specialize in pizza, pasta, sandwiches, and more. We will cater for special events. Come enjoy 14 beers on tap and our imported exclusive Italian family wines.
Reviewed April 6, 2012

The food here is incredible, but the owner has offered and made off-the-menu dishes and charged twice as much as anything on the menu; and additional drinks have been added to our bill. Every time we've gone we've been overcharged in some way.

Antonino B, Owner at Uncle Tony's Italian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to as "off the menu" I do have a gourmet special menu that maybe you didn't have a chance to look at.
It's sort of impossible to overcharge you for things because all of my price points are entered into my Point of Sale System and is pre-listed and priced. I can't add items to the system on the spot.
Please if you ever feel there is an error on your bill ask to speak to the owner, which is me, and I will address the situation immediately.
We like to keep our customers happy and we apologize that we couldn't handle it sooner.
Please come visit Uncle Tony's again and thanks for letting us know the problems you had. Please ask for me specifically and we can talk about it.
Uncle Tony

Reviewed December 27, 2011

We had appetizers, main course and dessert! Everything was outstanding...authentic Italian cuisine from a small family owned restaurant. Would go back again in a heart beat! Don't miss this little gem!

3  Thank katy m
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Uncle Tony's is a family owned full service Italian Restaurant with full bar and pizzeria. Tony, the owner and head chef, is friendly and welcomes everyone as they come in. And. boy, can he cook! The Italian entree's are to die for with his pasta's shining like an oasis in the desert (especially with his home-made spicy sausage!). He travels several times a year to his families farm in Sicily, and brings back the most awsome wines grown from the family estate. Don't expect to be in a hurry, though, unless you are just stopping for pizza or a beer or wine from his ample cellars. Dining here is an experience, with wine, bruschetta (Yum), entree, and the best Cannoli in North County. My wife and I savor the food, atmosphere and friendly chats with the owner frequently, and have never been disapointed.

2  Thank PeterLorenzo